Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Migrate project Symfony to Codeigniter

Hello, i'm new in CI

and how the topic is, I need to migrate existing project in Symfony to CI. What I need to look for? How to start and migrate step by step? Project is not so large.

Greetings

(02-22-2017, 03:04 AM)Sciecha Wrote: Hello, i'm new in CI

and how the topic is, I need to migrate existing project in Symfony to CI. What I need to look for? How to start and migrate step by step? Project is not so large.

Greetings

Seems like you would have to know how Symfony and CodeIgniter work. Analyze the Symfony app, then start creating the new CI app based on the Symfony app. There is no magic for you.

Just out of curiosity, why migrate to CodeIgniter? If it's an older Symfony app running on the 1.x branch or something, it would seem easier to migrate to Symfony. Since you're new to CI also, seems like the more logical step might be keep it in Symfony and go from there?

I mean, either framework is fine, but there are huge differences in architecture that will probably make the switch a bit of a pain, and, if you have to learn a new framework anyway, learning the latest version of Symfony seems like the easier of the two paths.

I'm starting on junior developer position, and my boss is teaching as from the beggining. I think it's godd for me, to learn everything step by step.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB