Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Project update - 2018.01.11

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2018, 12:34 PM by ciadmin.)

The last half of 2017 has been busy, especially with our day jobs, but not terribly productive in terms of advancing the framework.

CodeIgniter 4:
  • Unchanged outlook: slow but steady development, contributors & interest.
  • There has been a bunch of refactoring and defect removals.
  • There are a number of "stalled" PRs, which were started but not completed. It would be nice to see them completed or dropped.
  • The SQLite driver is essentially done, and the MSSQL driver needs to be completed, for our next pre-alpha.
  • Code coverage is sitting at about 50%, so there is more work to do there.
  • Per the Github issue tracking, the pre-alpha 2 milesone is 87% complete.
  • Our available time is limited, and more community contributions would be welcomed!
CodeIgniter 3:
  • We have published one update to CodeIgniter 3 - 3.1.6 in September, with bug fixes and enhancements.
  • A number of additional bug fixes and enhancements have been accumulated, and they will be bundled into a new release, probably this quarter.
Website/Forum:
  • We are up to almost 10,400 forum members, and over 67,000 threads.
  • Keeping the forum free of spam and spammers is a never-ending battle ... the number of attempted spam users or posts has increased over the last few months, and I am thinking of reinstituting the wall of shame for them.
  • Website & forum traffic continue to increase, now handling over 700K requests per day.
Looking forward, our goals for the first half of 2018:
  • We would really like to publish the pre-alpha2 release of CodeIgniter 4, and continue the evolution Smile
  • We expect to have another 3.x release, whether it be 3.1.7 or 3.2
  • I will plan some "office hours" on our slack channel - details to be announced separately.
Thank you, the CodeIgniter community, for your support and engagement!
James Parry
Project Lead

I''l hope to see stable version CodeIgniter 4 : ) in first half of 2018

This is GREAT news! Thanks for the update.

It seems promising, looking forward to the launch of CodeIgniter 4. Best of luck!

I know that CI4 stable will not be released in the first half of 2018, but second hald can be interesting.
I use CI for some time now, and I love it.

With regular updates we can use CI3 for a good time, with no problems.

Thanks the community for the great work.

a big thanks to community for such a great help and work

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB