Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Working with Google, MSN and Yahoo pay per clicks URL passed keywords in CI

[eluser]kaosweaver[/eluser]
I read in one of the posts from the peoples at EllisLabs, I think, that the CI was being used in plenty of commercial sites. I can't imagine I'm the first person to ask, and the search function, I've burned through the last few days hasn't been fruitful, but how do you all deal with the URL passed keyword search items from the search engines and track this stuff?

We need to track where they landed on the site and where they came from and what keywords are being passed to us from the search engine paid links for the site from the URL query string. We also need to track from any point in the site (so, at the default index function for a controller all the way to functions which have n arguments).

I shouldn't need to rewrite any core functionality. This is the reality of the internet in commercial/business/enterprise level websites as MSN and Yahoo will only deliver their paid clicks via URL query string....

So, I gotta be missing how to accomplish this task, anyone have any ideas?

[eluser]gungbao[/eluser]
you can implement such tracking perfectly with using codeigniter - hooks.

analyzing the header, logging to your database, setting a cookie - tracking first_time and last_time visits etc. need some thoughts but is easy to implement.

[eluser]Pygon[/eluser]
Most information should be contained in the $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'] variable. Beyond that it is a standard tracking setup.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB