Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Segmented urls vs query strings and scriptaculous ajax

[eluser]obobo[/eluser]
I'm having some problems getting the scriptaculous ajax in_place_editor working with code igniter.

There is a parameter in scriptaculous called loadTextURL which allows you to grab text from the server. It doesn't work if I send it a segmented urlSadie: site_url('mycontroller/myfunction/18')) but if i enable query_strings in the code igniter config and use an url like index.php?c=mycontroller&m=myfunction&d=18 it works fine. This seems to be the case regardless of whether i am using a .htaccess and mod_rewrite to enable friendly urls.

The strange thing is that segmented urls work without any problems in other ajax requests in scriptaculous. So i don't know whether this is a quirk within scriptaculous or something i can med within my code.

- Has anyone else had a similar problem?
- Any ideas on why it wouldn't work with segmented urls?
- If i can't find a solution that allows me to use segmented urls ... When i enable_query_strings i then have to use $get to grab the incoming data. Is this safe as long as i use xss_clean?

Any insights / advice greatly appreciated.

[eluser]ekeretex[/eluser]
I just ran into the same problem.
Did you find a fix?

I fixed mine by disabling query strings in the .htaccess file.
I changed RewriteRule ^(.+) index.php/$1 [L] to RewriteRule ^(.+) index.php/$1? [L]

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB