• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the hate for CI still

(Yesterday, 12:40 AM)visualsol Wrote: 2) the CI version 4.x lack of timeframe of release, and lack of a solid road map

CI4 is suffering a lack of contributors, which leads to a lack of "timeframe of release".
The road map is pretty clear, IMHO: https://github.com/bcit-ci/CodeIgniter4/milestone/2
That's what we want to finish for the next milestone.

As for BCIT, I am finding it an uphill battle to persuade the academia to jump on the open source bandwagon as contributors, or to embrace student participation for academic credit. I have a student team helping at the moment, as a pilot project, so that's a start. I am not holding my breath waiting for other contributors from the school, while I help chip away at the todo list Undecided
James Parry
Project Lead

CodeIgniter is how a PHP framework should be. Easy to setup, easy to learn, fast, reliable and flexible. As soon as a PHP framework becomes a religion within itself, its missing the point.

Don't pay any attention to devs criticising it as an outdated framework, that kind of opinion usually falls 2 categories: 1) inexperienced devs who are just repeating what they hear from others (domino effect) or more experienced devs who made some pretty bold / critical statements about CodeIgniter after Ellis left and now are simply trying rejustify their former (and incorrect) judgement.

I've developed 6 large scale projects with CI fantastically. CI and it contributors should be supported and thanked for making it what it is today. For developers looking to put a stamp on CodeIgniter, I say get involved. It certainly won't hurt your resume!

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon