Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
mcrypt is deprecated in PHP 7.x
Exclamation 

Hello friends,

I tried one of my CI based apps that built with CI v3.x latest version in PHP 7.1.5

And then I got this huge list of mcript depricated errors. 

[Image: 5Yy1YQLQQ0mfhnSB14dzvA.png]

I just wanted to know that, are you guys gonna remove this mcript library from CI v3.x and rewrite encription library from scracth?

I saw somewere that mcript library gonna completely remove from PHP 7.2. so if that happen, our apps will not gonna work.

Thankyou guys

DUOS.

(This post was last modified: 06-18-2017, 06:53 AM by skunkbad.)

If you look at the class constructor of the Encryption library, you'll see that if mcrypt is not available and OpenSSL is, then OpenSSL is used.

(06-18-2017, 06:53 AM)skunkbad Wrote: If you look at the class constructor of the Encryption library, you'll see that if mcrypt is not available and OpenSSL is, then OpenSSL is used.

Thats something really nice to here. :Smile

But its better if can avoid those depricated warnings internally in the class.

(06-18-2017, 07:08 AM)DuoS Wrote:
(06-18-2017, 06:53 AM)skunkbad Wrote: If you look at the class constructor of the Encryption library, you'll see that if mcrypt is not available and OpenSSL is, then OpenSSL is used.

You could always extend the class and remove the mcrypt stuff.

I've still got a rather large site using CI 2.X, and so my problems are bigger than yours!

(06-18-2017, 07:11 AM)skunkbad Wrote:
(06-18-2017, 07:08 AM)DuoS Wrote:

You could always extend the class and remove the mcrypt stuff.

I've still got a rather large site using CI 2.X, and so my problems are bigger than yours!

I really dont want to extend core libraries.  Smile

(06-18-2017, 08:43 AM)DuoS Wrote: I really dont want to extend core libraries.  Smile

Extend, not hack ...

You don't need to hack, modify or extend the library in any way ... https://github.com/bcit-ci/CodeIgniter/issues/5157

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB