Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Ticketclaw - Support ticket script

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2017, 04:16 AM by desbest.)

I'm working on a support ticket script called Ticketclaw made with Codeigniter. It's not finished, but the screenshots below illustrate how it works. A support ticket script refers to instead of using email for customer support, a user fills out a form online to contact the business and when they click submit that creates what's called a ticket. If multiple people shared one email address, you wouldn't be able to tell who sent what and you can't escalate a message to a different department, but with support tickets, you can, so those are some of the advantages.

[Image: HBAEjTf.png]

[Image: O57dXfg.png]

On the ticket page above, logged in users also have the ability to escalate tickets to different levels (1-5), so each user is assigned a level and can only see the tickets assigned to their numeric level or below. In the future there won't just be a levels feature, but also a departments feature, so tickets can be escalated to a different department.Also you can create your own custom fields to be shown on the new ticket page and it's the only ticket script that allows you to favourite tickets for your or others future reference. When a user replies to a ticket, the person who made the ticket is emailed letting them know that a response is ready for them to view online.

I used Hotscripts, Codecanyon and PHP Resource Index and found that all the support ticket scripts suck, so I made one myself. I'll add support for adding hyperlinks and images to tickets later on, but I haven't finished making Ticketclaw, but you get the general idea of it.

I plan to use this eventually for my own website once I get to the point that I need to hire someone for customer service.

How does the customer access the ticket again to leave additional information?

(07-01-2017, 05:03 PM)PaulD Wrote: How does the customer access the ticket again to leave additional information?

They are emailed when their ticket is replied to with a link that allows them to access their ticket. They must wait for the first reply to access their ticket.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB