Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeExtinguisher 2.0 Preview Screencast

[eluser]louis w[/eluser]
This is a cool tool, but am I the only one that thinks it needs a new name.

If this is a tool to sit on top of Code Igniter and enhance it, why would you want to "Extinguish" the code which was "Ignited" by the framework.

[eluser]Majd Taby[/eluser]
well the idea is that CodeIgniter doesn't do any automation for you, you ignite your own code, and sometimes that fire gets out of hand (you don't want to write it, you don't have time to write it)...so you extinguisher that fire with codeextinguisher!

[eluser]louis w[/eluser]
Hm, I guess I can see where you were trying to go. I have to say thou it's name doesn't really tell you what its doing, and since it's so close to CI is very easy to mistake it as the actual frame work. I thought from the subject line of this post I would be reading something about CI.

To me extinguish is a negative word and doesn't reflect how this tool is a very simple useful way to admin your app.

how about Flint?

[eluser]louis w[/eluser]
Flint is getting better.
What about adding something about its function too, e.g. Flint Admin

[eluser]Référencement Google[/eluser]
CodeBurner ?
EZCode ?
CodeGen ?

[eluser]louis w[/eluser]
Highlighting the Automatic feature would also be nice.

[eluser]matthewr[/eluser]
jTaby, could you make an about CodeExtinguisher page that details its features (with screenshots)? I've been having trouble finding information for CE, i'm trying to find out if it will fit my projects needs. And the demo was hard to figure out. Smile Just a suggestion, in the meantime, i'll download the screencast and stuff.

[eluser]matthewr[/eluser]
I've seen the screencast and I've tried it. It's pretty awesome! I'm actually using this in one of my projects now. Just gotta iron out some kinks. Can't get the relationship thing to work for some reason.

glad you're liking it Smile

Yeah one of the top things on my To-Do list is to update the documentation.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB