Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Cant figure out this intermitten problem DNS 500

I migrated to CI 3.1.5 and for the same function it works at time and other it gives DNS 500 error .  Compared 
for CI 2.2.x , it worked flawlessly.

I used files for session storage and I wonder this can be the cause but it doesnt make any sense if it does
and I wonder what else can contribute to this intermitten DNS 500 error.

Any opinion? 

Thanks

Some things to try
  • Look for matching error messages in the Web server log files
  • Check server load statistics (for CPU, memory and disk) and examine the logs for network timeouts
  • Check the .htaccess, web.config or similar configuration files for any recent modifications that may have introduced logic errors
  • Check the site's file and folder permissions (particularly if the errors occur only for requests to certain pieces of content)

(08-25-2017, 01:07 PM)dave friend Wrote: Some things to try
  • Check server load statistics (for CPU, memory and disk) and examine the logs for network timeouts
  • Check the .htaccess, web.config or similar configuration files for any recent modifications that may have introduced logic errors
  • Check the site's file and folder permissions (particularly if the errors occur only for requests to certain pieces of content)

I checked the error log and found the db dropping connections quite often versus the old CI 2.2.x and I can't figure why
The manual suggests to do $this->db->reconnect() to keep it alive.  I guess I give it a try

Thanks Dave

(08-26-2017, 09:17 AM)ciadvantage Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 01:07 PM)dave friend Wrote: Some things to try

I checked the error log and found the db dropping connections quite often versus the old CI 2.2.x and I can't figure why
The manual suggests to do $this->db->reconnect() to keep it alive.  I guess I give it a try

Thanks Dave

You shouldn't need to use a reconnect(), unless a lot of processing is occurring between accesses to the database. Perhaps you are calling separate models from your controller to process each submit/query?

it is quite lot of db processing but still cant figure why the old CI works well when new CI 3.x having problem of keeping connection
alive!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB