• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cant figure out this intermitten problem DNS 500

I migrated to CI 3.1.5 and for the same function it works at time and other it gives DNS 500 error .  Compared 
for CI 2.2.x , it worked flawlessly.

I used files for session storage and I wonder this can be the cause but it doesnt make any sense if it does
and I wonder what else can contribute to this intermitten DNS 500 error.

Any opinion? 

Thanks

Some things to try
  • Look for matching error messages in the Web server log files
  • Check server load statistics (for CPU, memory and disk) and examine the logs for network timeouts
  • Check the .htaccess, web.config or similar configuration files for any recent modifications that may have introduced logic errors
  • Check the site's file and folder permissions (particularly if the errors occur only for requests to certain pieces of content)

(08-25-2017, 01:07 PM)dave friend Wrote: Some things to try
  • Check server load statistics (for CPU, memory and disk) and examine the logs for network timeouts
  • Check the .htaccess, web.config or similar configuration files for any recent modifications that may have introduced logic errors
  • Check the site's file and folder permissions (particularly if the errors occur only for requests to certain pieces of content)

I checked the error log and found the db dropping connections quite often versus the old CI 2.2.x and I can't figure why
The manual suggests to do $this->db->reconnect() to keep it alive.  I guess I give it a try

Thanks Dave

(08-26-2017, 09:17 AM)ciadvantage Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 01:07 PM)dave friend Wrote: Some things to try

I checked the error log and found the db dropping connections quite often versus the old CI 2.2.x and I can't figure why
The manual suggests to do $this->db->reconnect() to keep it alive.  I guess I give it a try

Thanks Dave

You shouldn't need to use a reconnect(), unless a lot of processing is occurring between accesses to the database. Perhaps you are calling separate models from your controller to process each submit/query?

it is quite lot of db processing but still cant figure why the old CI works well when new CI 3.x having problem of keeping connection
alive!

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  

Theme © 2014 iAndrew