Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
[split] Routes naming request

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2017, 09:31 PM by ciadmin.)

Could you please introduce routes naming feature for Codeigniter?
If we have that feature we dont have to go through all the view files and change routes names. only we have to do is change it in routes.php file.

Sadly I don't have enough knowlage to implement that feature by myself.

What d u mean?

@DuoS

Try this link: https://www.codeigniter.com/user_guide/g...ght=routes

I finally gave up asking for new features in Codeigniter. because it's maintain by a single person and he is the only one who decide what should include and whats not. and it's seems like now we can only expect bug fixes and typo corrects here and there.

(11-21-2017, 10:00 AM)DuoS Wrote: I finally gave up asking for new features in Codeigniter. because it's maintain by a single person and he is the only one who decide what should include and whats not. and it's seems like now we can only expect bug fixes and typo corrects here and there.

As if new features are a simple matter of decisions. You know someone has to actually write them, right?

(11-21-2017, 10:00 AM)DuoS Wrote: I finally gave up asking for new features in Codeigniter. because it's maintain by a single person and he is the only one who decide what should include and whats not. and it's seems like now we can only expect bug fixes and typo corrects here and there.

I find it interesting that you take this point of view. Codeigniter was not built to have every requested feature.  It is built to handle the bare minimum (in functionality) while allowing the developer to pick and choose what features they want to add to it.

(09-25-2017, 09:19 PM)DuoS Wrote: Could you please introduce routes naming feature for Codeigniter?
If we have that feature we dont have to go through all the view files and change routes names. only we have to do is change it in routes.php file.

Sadly I don't have enough knowlage to implement that feature by myself.

Why not just pass all of your urls to a helper function that builds them based on whatever you need. Then you're only updating a single function + routes cfg file if you choose to change something....

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB