Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
using Codeigniter (and Grocery Crud) in phpStorm

I am using phpStorm and CI and  Grocery CRUD. From the address bar in Chrome I can get the CRUD example page to run by typing localhost/crud_example/index.php/examples. I can also get the CI welcome page to work. Works great. I want to develop and debug under phpStorm but I cant seem to get it to run within phpStorm. I have modified the command line like in the screenshot but I get "config error". Should I use the built in web server rather than XAMPP? I am heavily dependant on a debugger when coding. Are there instructions anywhere for using CI in phpStorm. I saw the auto complete add in. Autocomplete is not super important to me though.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

proof that an old dog can learn new tricks

1) Click on Tools in the top menu
2) Click Deployment
3) Click the tab Mappings
4) Add the url mapping to the examples.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Thanks, but it did not work.  same result. Here is what I changed. Also perhaps it is the way I am trying to run the script? See how index.php has a red X on it under Run -index.php?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You should place the Examples.php file under the controllers folder,
and run it normally.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

There is an examples.php under controllers. If I try to run it, I get No Direct Script Access Allowed. From what I understand, I need to go through the index.php. I thought that was a CI requirement? Perhaps this problem is a grocery Crud "thing"? Honestly I am back to development after being away for 10 years and am amazed how little use of a debugger goes on these days. I can't imagaine writing anything of complexity without a debugger (I was a developer for 20 years)!

Talking about CI, is there a premade login script available in CI to use? Without a debugger I don't think I could write one from scratch. 

Thanks for your help, btw.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB