Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Ignition Go updated, works w/ PHP 7.1, Bootstrap 3.3.x, jQuery 3.1.x

Ignition-Go is a CodeIgniter 3.x Modular (HMVC) App Building Framework - to build enterprise class web applications... 

Use quickstart branch to skip over bower and npm, and gulp.

It's been updated for the latest versions of all bower components, including AdminLTE 2.4.  And so far it is running in PHP 7.1 without problem... but we need more people ie YOU to give it a go!

Link: ci-blox/Ignition-Go

A slimmer version of Ignition Go is planned for CI4!

Updates will post on this new thread.

[Image: Ignition-Go-themes.jpg] [Image: Ignition-Go-admin.jpg]

Couple of things:

The form you have to fill out for database password isn't a password field.

The database tables won't install probably do to back-ticks. Not sure about that one but I'm not getting past the database part of install init at the moment.

Can't say to much more about it at this point.

Good Luck

Phil,
Thanks for taking a peek!
The installer was just updated recently to allow bypass of the connection step, as it only supports mysqli and it's only for convenience. i'm not sure what you ran into, but aybe you could try setting your database.php in advance?
i'm not sure what you mean about the back ticks, they are permitted in mysql.
The installer also should be removed after one time successful use.
If you still get stuck, please open an issue in github.
Thanks,
Bob

(10-12-2017, 12:50 PM)ChicagoPhil Wrote: Couple of things:

The form you have to fill out for database password isn't a password field.

The database tables won't install probably do to back-ticks. Not sure about that one but I'm not getting past the database part of install init at the moment.

Can't say to much more about it at this point.

Good Luck

(10-12-2017, 06:37 AM)visualsol Wrote: Ignition-Go is a CodeIgniter 3.x Modular (HMVC) App Building Framework - to build enterprise class web applications... 

Use quickstart branch to skip over bower and npm, and gulp.

It's been updated for the latest versions of all bower components, including AdminLTE 2.4.  And so far it is running in PHP 7.1 without problem... but we need more people ie YOU to give it a go!

Link: ci-blox/Ignition-Go

A slimmer version of Ignition Go is planned for CI4!

Updates will post on this new thread.

[Image: Ignition-Go-themes.jpg] [Image: Ignition-Go-admin.jpg]

Hi, I am long time PHP Programmer, and I have been looking at actually trying CI out as a possible new development tool for me.  I just spent about a week messing with Laravel, but honestly I am finding it overkill and over complex for what I am doing most of the time.  I then stumbled back on CI and am looking at it seriously.  

One of the things I liked about Laravel was some of the starter/admin panel systems, like Laravel-Voyager.  They have done an amazing array of videos BTW.

Anyway, looking over CI I keep bumping into your Ignition Go starter app.  Is this link still the best tutorial to get started with it?  https://www.codementor.io/boblennes/crea...-qvmz9yb3u

Is there a live demo yet?

I will try to give my feedback as soon as I start working with it. What is the best way for you to get feedback - here?

Thanks again. The screen grabs you have looking really exciting.
Peace,
Jamie

Just a quick note, we now moved to Bootstrap 4.0.0!!!
And no more NPM and Bower.
You can use Yarn but it's totally optional!
We're still adjusting cosmetics, but I'll post some new screens soon!
Bob

https://github.com/ci-blox/Ignition-Go

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB