Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
I can't make a news system

(11-05-2017, 09:57 PM)JeffreyB Wrote:
(11-05-2017, 09:38 PM)ChicagoPhil Wrote: You did the right thing. When ever you run into a problem like this, here are the first steps to take:
1) Panic uncontrollably
2) Immediately make a post on the forum and let everyone know there is a PHP CODE FIRE.
3) Sit back and wait for the first responders to show up and fix it for you.

It's a good system.  Tongue

So, your point is?:

1) Tell us non-experts, of which I am unashamedly one, "Don't pitch in and try to help?"
2) Make fun of the the person asking for help?
3) Since the thread was dying, am I being accused of a PHP code fire, whatever that is??

Why is it that people who write code...which has to be EXACT...are ALWAYS saying and posting things that are difficult or impossible to understand? LOL.

If this was an attempt at humour, forgive me for not quite getting it. Let me know how I can improve myself please. I'm not trying to insult anybody, especially as I am brand new here. I really didn't understand your post. See the preceding paragraph.

No, this forum is awesome. Yes, that was an attempt at humour. No, the post wasn't directed at you. I meant the OP.
Sorry my friend.

I do find it funny that people panic about code still because I was there once myself. I wanted to bring a bit of levity to approaching problems. You eventually get used to never giving up on a problem.

Quote:I do find it funny that people panic about code still because I was there once myself. I wanted to bring a bit of levity to approaching problems. You eventually get used to never giving up on a problem.
Got it buddy Smile ..been there, "never giving up" for decades. That's what separates real coders from wannabe's ...and their managers, of which I am now one, sadly lol.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB