Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Rabbit Forms Beta 1.0.5

[eluser]Wilker[/eluser]
Video demo is released!! http://www.luizsouza.net/wilker/rabbitfo...kstart.wmv

Hi all, I working for a week in one form automated generation library (CRUD operations) called Rabbit Form that plugs into Code Igniter structure.

The code is in Beta 1.0.5 and open for tests, the project is located at http://code.google.com/p/rabbit-forms/ or http://www.rabbitforms.com/ (actually only redirects to google project page) and you can found the reference at wiki pages.

Please read the overview, and if you like, try it, and them, please comment Smile

Overview

----

Rabbit Forms is a CRUD (Create Retrieve Update Delete) automate library. If you see, more than 80% of a system development is based on CRUD operations, Rabbit Forms is made to high speed up these process by providing a good and extensive library providing assets to this work. In a normal scenario you make a CRUD operation like this:

1. Create a form to create instances
2. Validate submitted data
3. Create a form to edit instances
4. Validate submitted data
5. Create a view to display registered instances
6. Create actions to delete instances

And this operations take a long development time, to supply this needs Rabbit Forms work in another way:

1. Create configuration file
2. Create template
3. Use this

With Rabbit Forms, the creation of a complex form configuration file take near to 10 minutes, the template creation varies depending how custom you need (usually about 5 and 20 minutes) and the use will spend about 5 minutes.

Rabbit Forms is made to be integrated into your site and not to be external of this, read about template above to more information

The Rabbit Forms configuration files contains all you need to your form, like:

* table that will be used
* primary key field of table
* fields
* validations
* retrieve options

The fields of Rabbit Forms can vary between simple fields (like text boxes) and most complex fields (like fields that retrieve data from another table, fields that use javascript and ajax codes and more), and the use of all is made in a simple way, and more, the fields is easily extensible, if the field you need is not exists, you can create this field easily.

The validations follow the same base of fields, the validations can be simple or complex and are extensible.

Another great feature of Rabbit Forms is the template customization, Rabbit Forms spend some enforces to make templates is most customizable as possible. Rabbit Forms is made to be integrated in your website, and with template customizing you able to use Rabbit Forms in your page maintaining your site apparency.

Rabbit Forms provide too a customizable way to retrieve data, this way the listing of data into database turns in a simple operation.

And if you had patience to read text so far you have to be exited and wanting to try these. Read documents at wiki to know how to use this library. Thanks for your attention.

----

Last Updates:

* New: Html editor (using TinyMCE)
* New: File Validator
* New: Unique Validator
* Change: Image field auto-add image extensions valitador
* Change: by default the textfield and textarea doesn't accept html (using htmlentities to reject)
* Fix: retrieve name at foreign retrieveView
* Fix: unique validator when editing current row

See complete changelog at http://code.google.com/p/rabbit-forms/wiki/ChangeLog

Next Updates:

* Update wiki documentation

next updates is scheduled to no previsions at this time...

Your feedback is important to the project, please post any suggestions, critics and bugs.

[eluser]Référencement Google[/eluser]
This is a nice initiative, I will take a look at it.
Only one thing: You should really change the name of your application otherwise you'll make people eat ignited carrots...

[eluser]TheLoops[/eluser]
I for one really like the name.

"Rabbit Forms" is homophonous to "Rapid Forms" and is a pretty good name for what it does.
But while "Rapid Forms" is quite fanciless "Rabbit Forms" really is unique fancy, imho.
There even is an option for a mascot Tongue

Ps: It even made me register eventually. Having been a silent guest for quite some weeks now. Wink

[eluser]Référencement Google[/eluser]
I was kidding of course about the name, the application is more important than the name

[eluser]PedroGrilo[/eluser]
Seems very cool, but is PHP5 only.. Sad

[eluser]Wilker[/eluser]
Hi all,

the version has one little but relevant update... after made a spell check i noted i wrote all "retrieve" as "retrive" (yes, one letter "e" of error), but to don't keep this error i refactor all code when the word is wrong wrote and correct this.

Remember, if anyone has downloaded previous version please reinstall, all methods and configuration that used "retrive" is previous version has changed to "retrieve".

Sorry for inconvenience, but is this why it is a beta =P

[eluser]Wilker[/eluser]
Yes Pedro, is PHP 5 only. It's because I believe the PHP 4 is near to over... And PHP 5 provide more solid OOP structure to support library extension.

Any questions please post here Smile

[eluser]Wilker[/eluser]
Rabbit Forms updated, check end of main post for details

[eluser]Gjoko Pargo[/eluser]
This is a great contribution. What effort would it take to integrate Rabbit Forms with HMVC in your opinion? Would they be able to work together ?

[eluser]Wilker[/eluser]
Yes, they able to work together Smile

Rabbit Forms CI integration is basic, and do not forces self directory patterns, this ables uses with HMVC together without any problems Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB