Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Should use codeigniter 3 or codeigniter 4 as my project?

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2022, 08:30 PM by startup.)

I have been writing codeigniter 3 for long time and successfully studied codeigniter 4, but I wonder if codeigniter 4 is faster and more convenient than codeigniter 3,while codeigniter 4 is too complicated in form than codeigniter 3.

for example in codeigniter 3 with form below, i  can use one method to commonly process for "edit data" and "add data" for my project

Code:
<form action="" method="post">
Name: <input type="text" name="name" value=@$edit->name><br>
<input type="submit">
</form>

give me some advice

thank you

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2022, 11:10 PM by Ahmed Haroon.)

hi @startup
i have started learning CI 4 ( NO previous experience of any version of CI - just little things tried in 2018 but as per requirement i engaged in Oracle Apex applications ) so, can you please share sample app or link to sample app which contains things like Grid, Form (modal and non-modal), drop down list, checkbox, radio buttons etc. i can learn easily with sample code no matter it is in CI 3. most of the tutorials/guides are very basic where Form's columns are mainly Text or Number fields only. or a that kind of step-by-step guide/tutorial link which guide to create app including above mentioned components at least.
as i am from Oracle Forms/Reports and Apex there may be i am using the Terms as per previous experience.

regards

(03-31-2022, 08:15 PM)startup Wrote: codeigniter 4 is too complicated in form than codeigniter 3.

I'm just curious. I think they are the almost same.
Where is too complicated in form on CI4?

Google Search
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

If you know PHP no worries (even if you jump into another framework). Just get started with 4. How many options you can have to display a value?
PHP Code:
$info->value
or
PHP Code:
$info['value']; 

or maybe a twig style coding etc. The same PHP, not a new invention.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB