• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
php 7.2 Throws Error

I have just upgraded to php 7.2 on inMotion hosting.

I get an error when loading Codeigniter pages, but not other php scripts.  I am using CI 3.1.7. Pages load and then show this error::

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Core Warning

Message: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'sqlite3.so' (tried: /opt/php72/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20160303/sqlite3.so (/opt/php72/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20160303/sqlite3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /opt/php72/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20160303/sqlite3.so.so (/opt/php72/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20160303/sqlite3.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory))

Filename: Unknown

Line Number: 0

Backtrace:

I am not using sqlite.

If the control panel is cPanel, you might go in and see if the sqlite3 PHP extension is on/off, and try switching it to the other. This sounds like a hosting issue to me, hence "line 0".

The control panel is CPanel, but I do not see any referencer to sqlite in the database section or anywhere else.

Where should the sqlite on/off be located?

I agree it sounds like a hosting issue. But does Codeigniter require sqlite?

(02-25-2018, 04:43 PM)bhogsett Wrote: I agree it sounds like a hosting issue.  But does Codeigniter require sqlite?

No it doesn't. Even if it did, you would see a different error message.

This one means that PHP itself is configured to load the sqlite3 extension, but the extension doesn't exist.

Just submit a service request to the host. They should feel obligated to fix this for you.

I am contacting the host.  But they have hoops to jump through that require information from the person payng for the site rather than just the cPanel login. Undecided

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  

Theme © 2014 iAndrew