Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Database transactions

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Right quick question, I have a load of MyISAM tables on MySQL, now they need to be quick but I also want transactions to make sure when a row is deleted its related rows are removed without problems.

I would use InnoDB to provide the transactions but since the tables are updated rarely it seems a big performance drop.

Does anyone know any way to provide transaction functionality with a MyISAM table?

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Now I am just confused, this post tells me InnoDB is faster?

[eluser]Sean Murphy[/eluser]
adamp1, MyISAM does not support transactions. Switching to InnoDB would be much safer than any hack to get psudo-transactional support for MyISAM.

Whether InnoDB is faster than MyISAM depends on the individual case. There are a lot of things to take into consideration.

Have you benchmarked switching your table to InnoDB? How big of a performance hit is it? Have you looked at what you could optimize to get your performance back?

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Looks like some benchmarks are needed then, I think that can be a job for the weekend, just come back from the pub and I'm falling asleep.

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
Don't drink and code :lol:

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
hehe, no thats not a good idea, you come back in the morning and think, "Who the bloody hell has been hacking at this, what on earth was this guy doing..... oh wait it was me"

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB