Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
blank admin page

Hello I was looking for a solution to the problem i am getting on website. the problem is - when i try to access the admin page it comes up blank. could some advise what is going wrong ?

Could be anything, like white space, using the BOM, or ending php tags etc;

Without seeing the page it's hard to tell.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

We're gonna need a little more information. are you getting a 500 error response? is there anything in your error logs?

Also, you have private messaging turned off so even though you messaged me privately about this issue, I cannot message you back.
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

(04-24-2018, 08:02 AM)albertleao Wrote: We're gonna need a little more information. are you getting a 500 error response? is there anything in your error logs?

Also, you have private messaging turned off so even though you messaged me privately about this issue, I cannot message you back.

now getting familiar with this forum
i guess the option i have to choose when i post is the last one so that i can receive PM.

i will include a link to the page if you do not mind so that you can see what happens when i try to access the admin

the website was built by someone using code igniter and i am now trying to figure out how things work

the link is www.angelscourierservice.com

and when you add the admin it is loading a blank page with no messages and i do not know where to start to fix this problem

(04-24-2018, 03:50 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: Could be anything, like white space, using the BOM, or ending php tags etc;

Without seeing the page it's hard to tell.

the page does not load any messages only a white space

it was working fine until the site went down because of a hosting problem on the server
when the hosting provider sorted that out and the website was live there was a message
which said php error in line 257 php cannot return a reference. i am paraphrasing because i cannot remember the exact words

i fixed that by going to the common php file and changed the code as recommended

with this next problem there are no messages so i do not know where to start.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB