Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
VueJs + CI 4

(09-28-2019, 04:37 AM)MGatner Wrote: Follow up question - does anyone have a recommendation for a good AJAX form library?

Take a look at Fetch.

Thanks Dave, I'll check it out some more but initially having zero IE support is a pretty big hit.

(09-30-2019, 05:40 PM)MGatner Wrote: Thanks Dave, I'll check it out some more but initially having zero IE support is a pretty big hit.

Really? IE was replaced by Edge in 2015 and IE11 (and older) is barely over 1% of North American browsers and 3% globally. That doesn't seem like a "big" hit. Fetch does have a polyfill for older browsers. If that doesn't satisfy then maybe sticking with JQuery is the best option.

As window.fetch has native implementations in modern browsers, i.e. Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari it seems the logical choice. But that's just me talking.

Hmm I didn't realize IE was down so low - I guess Edge really did it in? I've been reading through the Fetch docs and it is definitely thorough and has that native/raw appeal. One more step in cutting the JQuery ties, now just need Bootstrap 5 to land...

(10-01-2019, 07:14 PM)MGatner Wrote: Hmm I didn't realize IE was down so low - I guess Edge really did it in? I've been reading through the Fetch docs and it is definitely thorough and has that native/raw appeal. One more step in cutting the JQuery ties, now just need Bootstrap 5 to land...

Create a folder api and put the ajxa code in the folder.

(10-01-2019, 07:14 PM)MGatner Wrote: Hmm I didn't realize IE was down so low - I guess Edge really did it in? I've been reading through the Fetch docs and it is definitely thorough and has that native/raw appeal. One more step in cutting the JQuery ties, now just need Bootstrap 5 to land...

https://caniuse.com/usage_table.php

The only real reason to support IE nowadays is if you're supporting enterprise clients that are still on old windows machines. And if any of you work contracts with corporate america, you'll know how many of these clients still exist. Otherwise, supporting Edge, Chrome 40+, Safari 12+, Firefox 60+ you should be fine.
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

@MGatner, yeah vuejs is great I thought this was a good starter.

https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2018/02...avascript/
Practical guide to IgnitedCMS - Book coming soon, www.ignitedcms.com

@albertoleao That table seems very skewed by lumping mobile and desktop together, and ignoring OS. It indicates that Safari is used less than IE, even though last I checked most macOS users still use Safari.

(10-02-2019, 08:37 AM)MGatner Wrote: @albertoleao That table seems very skewed by lumping mobile and desktop together, and ignoring OS. It indicates that Safari is used less than IE, even though last I checked most macOS users still use Safari.

It's not. MacOS is only 6% ish of the computer market and tons of users use chrome.
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB