Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Generating on online Users Guide like CI's

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2018, 05:41 AM by richb201.)

I need to offer my users a guide to using my CI based system. I kind of like the online documentation for CI. What was it built with? Are there any available "templates" that were used? How about screenshots? How do I annotate screenshots with text and arrows?
proof that an old dog can learn new tricks

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2018, 06:28 AM by jreklund.)

It's in the footer.

Built with Sphinx using a theme provided by Read the Docs.

https://alternativeto.net/software/read-the-docs/

Thanks Jre. I did take a look at Sphinx but I thought it was way too complicated.

For my Community Auth website, I just used WordPress and created a custom WordPress theme.

Thanks skunk. I also have wordpress installed and planned to do the site with it. If you had to do it again would you do it that way? I had planned to use Helpinator, but I am not sure it totally works. I have taken screenshots of all the significant parts but I can't figure out how to annotate them, even though that is covered in their help system. If I can't find it, how would I annotate screen shots?

(05-06-2018, 08:22 AM)skunkbad Wrote: For my Community Auth website, I just used WordPress and created a custom WordPress theme.

I also do the same, as I find it easy to use the same platform which is WordPress.

You could also download CodeIgniter version 2.2.6 and use it's User Guide which was made for making User Guides etc;
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Insite, I am confused. How can I tell what version of CI I am running? I am pretty sure that I am in the 3.18 range (maybe a little back). Wouldn't I break lots of things if I step back to 2.2.6?

(05-06-2018, 12:06 PM)richb201 Wrote: Thanks skunk. I also have wordpress installed and planned to do the site with it. If you had to do it again would you do it that way? I had planned to use Helpinator, but I am not sure it totally works. I have taken screenshots of all the significant parts but I can't figure out how to annotate them, even though that is covered in their help system. If I can't find it, how would I annotate screen shots?

In general I really hate WordPress, but for something like this it actually works perfectly. Plus, out of the box it includes search. It's a fairly painless theme to create for a website like this.

PHP Code:
<?php echo CI_VERSION?>

That's how you can always get the CodeIgniter Version.

Version 2.2.6 was the last version that had the old User's Guide that you could make your own.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB