• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
terms of Service Agreement and Insurance

I have written this cloud based R&D record keeping application that I plan to offer for free to companies. There is nothing to install except the Chrome Extension which can be downloaded free from the Chrome Web Store. The software is pretty much done and my main cost will be storing user's data and insurance in case I get sued. 

I have no idea if I need a End User License Agreement. I spoke to a local attorney  today who told me that  I didn't need a Eula, I needed a subscription policy and a service agreement, but I better have insurance because I will get sued.  This whole thing is self funded and I am not incorporated or even an LLC. I don't have a tax id# and have no plans to charge for this service. I'd call it a hobby. Does anyone know anything about the MIT license?

The MIT license permits reuse within proprietary software provided that all copies of the licensed software include a copy of the MIT License terms and the copyright notice.

And what about insurance? What happens if a company enters data into my system and next year, due to some screw up, I lose their data. Is there any type of insurance that will protect my personal assets? 

I just have no idea where to start researching this stuff. 
proof that an old dog can learn new tricks

Well I found an attorney who recommended reading this: https://techcontracts.com/2011/09/12/don...a-service/

I think I am getting closer to my needs.
proof that an old dog can learn new tricks

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  

  Theme © 2014 iAndrew  
Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2020 MyBB Group.