Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
codeigniter website sessions not working...

[eluser]erickoh[/eluser]
I'm able to use the codeigniter.com site, the forum and expressionengine from my office, however these sites dont work properly (in terms of tracking sessions) when I'm accessing from home. For example, searching in the forums or bug tracker never turns up anything from my home, but the same search produces results when I am in office.

My home ISP routes all web requests via a proxy, which usually assigns a different IP address over different requests.

So, is this happening because codeigniter.com and expressionengine.com are specifically setup to use sess_match_ip=true ? Or is this due to some bug in CI, such as
http://codeigniter.com/bug_tracker/bug/4336/

Hope I can get some answers as I am evaluating expressionengine as a CMS but the "faulty" session tracking is holding me back

Thanks!

[eluser]Seppo[/eluser]
You can config CI to match ip or not in application/config/config.php

By default you have FALSE, so the problem has to be someplace else...
Code:
$config['sess_cookie_name']        = 'ci_session';
$config['sess_expiration']        = 7200;
$config['sess_encrypt_cookie']    = FALSE;
$config['sess_use_database']    = FALSE;
$config['sess_table_name']        = 'ci_sessions';
$config['sess_match_ip']        = FALSE; // Here
$config['sess_match_useragent']    = TRUE;
$config['sess_time_to_update']         = 300;

[eluser]Pascal Kriete[/eluser]
It's the same problem that people from south africa have. The solution then, as per this thread, is to let one of the Dereks know Tongue .

[eluser]Derek Jones[/eluser]
Quoting from myself:

Quote:It’s a feature, actually, and not a bug, Josamoto. ExpressionEngine uses secure forms so that it accepts data only from the same machine that it generated the form for. It has the unfortunate side effect for people behind proxies and on quickly rotating IP addresses as it cannot successfully identify your machine as the one it built the form for. I have remedied this for your account, however, and you should be able to use our forums without incident. Let me know if you continue to experience any issues.

Likewise I have modified this for your account, but this is a security feature of ExpressionEngine to prevent CSRF.

[eluser]erickoh[/eluser]
Thanks Derek, I will try it later.
However, is there an easy way to disable this security feature?
I'm from Singapore, and more than half of our population use the same ISP which sits behind a proxy that rotates IP addresses...

Absolutely, see the description for Secure Form Mode in the ExpressionEngine User Guide.

[eluser]erickoh[/eluser]
Hi, I'm posting from home now, if this message appears then the modification you have made for my account somewhat works..

Now when I perform a search, i get the "stand by while we redirected you to your search results" message (which previously I did get) but after the redirection to a page like this:

http://ellislab.com/forums/search_result...e64d6e7d3/

I will get a 'no results' page again.. i guess the search_results page did not take into account the special status conferred to my account Smile

Could be that your ISP has that cached?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB