Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Microsoft has acquired GitHub

It's official.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/06/04/micros...oft-stock/

Does it really matter? I see them as being just as evil as Apple, Google, Adobe, etc. I'm no cheerleader for Microsoft, but they're just as capable as anyone to be the owner of Github. If they do something to change Github for the worse, everyone will just abandon ship. Personally, I never liked Github. I prefer Bitbucket because Bitbucket has free private repositories. I've never had a problem with Bitbucket, so if people are freaking out about Github, I think they should try Bitbucket.

Did you find something negative about the merger in my post?

I ask because that seemed a pretty strong reaction to someone simply posting a fact about something...

(06-05-2018, 02:15 PM)enlivenapp Wrote: Did you find something negative about the merger in my post?

I ask because that seemed a pretty strong reaction to someone simply posting a fact about something...

I have an equally strong, negative reaction to this "merger".  I DO expect to see an exodus of developers from GitHub because of a distrust of Microsoft®.  Developers, vote with your feet and leave... post haste.

enlivenapp; Your post and yourself are not being vilified here, but rather the actions of Microsoft®.

"Embrace, Extend, Extinguish"...  It should be the M$ mantra.
CI 3.1 Kubuntu 19.04 Apache 5.x  Mysql 5.x PHP 5.x PHP 7.x
Remember: Obfuscation is a bad thing.
Clarity is desirable over Brevity every time.

I personally don't think that it is a big deal. If you don't like it then simply go somewhere else. There was a similar reaction when Oracle bought Sun which owned MySQL. Oracle made a promise to the community not the mess up MySQL and so far they have kept their promise. I expect no less from Microsoft. Besides, the current CEO of Microsoft is very different then the previous one.

(06-05-2018, 02:15 PM)enlivenapp Wrote: Did you find something negative about the merger in my post?

My comments simply reflect the reactions that I've seen on Twitter. I actually couldn't care less.

Read again what I wrote, but pretend that I am saying it in a very calm voice, and like I don't care very much, because that's what I felt when writing it.

(06-05-2018, 04:48 PM)skunkbad Wrote:

My comments simply reflect the reactions that I've seen on Twitter. I actually couldn't care less.

Read again what I wrote, but pretend that I am saying it in a very calm voice, and like I don't care very much, because that's what I felt when writing it.

i do not care too. currently it doesn't matter.

(06-06-2018, 12:15 PM)Paradinight Wrote: i do not care too. currently it doesn't matter.

I disagree.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB