Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Load view from Controller issue

Hi there,

Thanks for sending the URL. It is a great help.

One more thing, I manage to create self signed SSL certificate for ci3news.dev (I decided to change from ci3news.localhost to ci3news.dev).
And it has created server.crt at this location C:\xampp\apache\conf\ssl.crt\

When I was accessing https://ci3news.dev in Chrome it was giving me warning so I manged to import server.crt in the Windows root store " Trusted Root Certificate Authorities ". And that warning is gone as well. That's great.

When I open this certificate it shows issued to ci3news.dev but in my localhost I have couple of other sites too. Does this mean I need to create separate self signed certificate for each of the localhost site? Each site will end  with .dev.

Kindly let me know.

Thanks.

(This post was last modified: 06-16-2018, 09:25 AM by InsiteFX.)

You cannot use dev anymore in Chrome, they made changes and it will no longer work
I had the same problem that's why I just went with .localhost.

No the certificate should work with all sites, I only have one I just tell Chrome to work
with it when Chrome errors just click the Advanced and tell it it's ok.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Put the action in form action="<?php base_url(); ?>controller_name/function_name" and method="post"

Example:
<form id="filters_form" action="<?php base_url(); ?>controller_name/function_name" method="post">

If you try to use the .dev extension on localhost Chrome will see it and send you to their own web page not your's.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB