Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI focused site

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2019, 09:12 AM by php_rocs.)

Category list (So far):
Made With CI
Libraries
Tutorials
Models
Drivers
Hooks
Extensions
3rd Parties
CMS
CORE
Templates
Web Services
ORM

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2019, 06:17 PM by php_rocs.)

Basic and simple logo...

What are we going to get from this site?
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 07:07 AM by php_rocs.)

@albertleao,

Hopefully, current information on anything CI related but with feedback from the CI community. Similar to Product Hunt but in a Pinterest way. Users will be able to like, submit and comment on resources that are related to CI. Basically a resource site for CI.

Also, I hope it encourages more developers to get involved with the CI community. There will be criteria to be able to comment on this site. I'm not opening it up to just anyone. I want people who want CI to succeed.

I felt it would be useful because I've seen and answered the same questions asked MANY times in different ways. Hopefully, this site will be able to answer those questions easily and quickly.

My hope is not to take away from CI but to compliment it. Hey, it's just an idea that I'm trying. If it succeeds then great! If it fails then at least I can say that I tried.

Hopefully this answers your question.

(03-12-2019, 07:31 AM)php_rocs Wrote: Category list (So far):
Made With CI
Libraries
Tutorials
Models
Drivers
Hooks
Extensions
3rd Parties
CMS
CORE
Templates
Web Services
ORM

Update to categories list.  @CI Community, if there are any suggestions please feel free to let me know.

Do you have any authors that are ready to contribute?
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2019, 06:09 PM by php_rocs.)

@albertieao,

I don't have any authors ready to contribute (but I do have a plan). My plan is to try to get a much useful resources as I can from the community first then look to the community for contributors (based on specific criteria).

Ok!

Good luck! Smile

(This post was last modified: 07-13-2020, 09:20 PM by php_rocs.)

Hey everyone!!

I know it's been a long time coming but I have some things to reveal to the community.  Here is a simple screen shot of the 1800ci.com (with test data).  I will probably be looking to the community to see if I can't get some nice graphic images for specific topics and default images.  Here you go.  Feel free to let me know what you think.

The remaining items to complete and get the site LIVE.
- form for submitting content (videos, tutorials, articles, libraries, etc...).
- graphics for categories/ default images
- guidelines for users to add comments to content (CI users only or open to public?)
- guidelines for users to recommend content (CI users only?)

The guidelines for user comments and recommendations has been a struggle for me because I want as much input as possible but with some type of control (so I don't get crazy comments and recommendations).

(03-08-2019, 12:31 PM)php_rocs Wrote: All right everyone.  I have decided to release the domain name (later today).  The site will be up by the end of this month. A couple of things...

1. I do have a logo but I'm open for ideas.  I will post it soon.
2. I have decided to go with WordPress so that I can focus on content and building other CI things.
3. I will have simple guidelines in order for people to join and participate.

Is the site to be written using WordPress?

I am convinced that the site could just as easily be written using CI4 and there would be an abundance of users willing to help. Also it would be good to promote CI4.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB