Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Why Codeigniter is better than laravel?

CodeIgniter is best because it focus on your project by minimizing the amount of code needed for a given task.

I use CI since 2012 and we have developed many projects with it.
I prefer CI because CI is most flexible than other framework and in SEO, better results also.
I love CI - 1rst french web agency Codeigniter, to promote CI in France and in marketplace's projects (SEO link redacted)

I use it since 2016 because it is too fast, light, have a good directory organization and need minimal or no changes in code when upgrading to a new version.

(06-29-2019, 03:21 AM)triluminos Wrote: I use it since 2016 because it is too fast, light, have a good directory organization and need minimal or no changes in code when upgrading to a new version.

It certainly is too fast!
Practical guide to IgnitedCMS - Book coming soon, www.ignitedcms.com

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2019, 07:27 AM by ciadmin.)

(08-01-2018, 06:55 AM)avcosh Wrote: Hello, everybody!
Why Codeigniter is better than laravel?
Your opinion?
Thanks!

CodeIgniter and Laravel Both are the awesome and most trusted PHP Framework, both PHP frameworks have their own benefits and relevancy. Setting up CodeIgniter is uncomplicated and rapid, although, according to several reviews and rankings, “Best PHP Frameworks for Modern Web Developers” Laravel is ranked 1st that shows it has a little edge as compared to CodeIgniter. Because of its advanced and elegant features. But to select the right one for security needs several parameters to count on. Check out here- *REDACTED*
No SEO spam, per forum policy

I am using CI since 2016 for building various small projects and now recently using it on quite big projects.

For small project - website with a registration form, login and some basic HTML pages is perfect.
It takes you a few steps to setup it and it is super easy to deploy without fancy dependencies.
In Laravel took me almost 1 day to setup everything.

For big projects - CI start to fade away since the structure of the framework is not so demanding like in Laravel.
However if you are experienced developer you can easily extend CI to look more like Laravel.
In fact, I have build quite large project only with CI and I never felt that something is missing.
If I need some special architecture I can easily implement it without a lot of effort.
On the other hand it is very difficult to restructure things in Laravel.

I think that the extensibility of CI is huge plus and even if you are building large project can work out pretty good.
In the end of day it's just PHP and you can do so many things in so many different ways Smile
That's why we love it I guess.

Cheers!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB