Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Web site not responding

[eluser]jmaxsin[/eluser]
I have an internal app that i have built using code ignitor 1.5.3. Well I haven't changed anything in months... and I can't get the site to come up. I am using IIS with the isapi rewrite... all was running fine... then we started adding other app's built in the same framework and version... and one by one they stop working.

Some times I get a fast cgi error message and on random attempts the site will just come up and run as normal... then turn around and it's down again. unable to I have other application that are using asp and php but are not in the code ignitor framework... and have no problems there... so it seems to all be related to code ignitor. Now the site will run fine always on my local machine... so i'm assuming that there is a setting somewhere that me causing this havoc!

Please help!!!

[eluser]sandwormusmc[/eluser]
What's the difference in versions on your local / remote machines? I'm betting there was a PHP update done to your remote box that probably caused incompatibilities with the CI code base.

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Contact your webhost and ask them for input. They might be able to isolate for you what's going on, and if a process is going crazy. I recently had my host (enginehosting.com) help me out of a sticky situation where an old version of slimstat was installed on a site that I plumb forgot about. The site started getting slow, and they quickly could tell me that it was overloading the db. One line commented out and everything got snappy again.

[eluser]jmaxsin[/eluser]
i wish it was that simple.... we host this server! We haven't updated anything on that server. It's sooo weird!

Server logs? DB logs? What happens if you restart the server?

[eluser]jmaxsin[/eluser]
for the server logs... we've checked out the application, system and security logs... and nothing, no errors at all. We're using sql server and I don't know how to look out the logs. and restarting does nothing... it does not generate any errors and it doesn't change what's happening.

I thought i would try and comment out all of the dbconn statements... and that atleast brought the site up. I can flip through it... however it has trouble opening a simple pdf file using and include. It times out and generates the following error: Server Error, unable to connect to fastcgi server.

So I have not database connectivity and can't even open a simple document.... but that still doesn't help me with functionality that needs the databases.

Sorry man, I don't know enough about Apache configuration to be able to be helpful here - you may want to try an Apache forum... I'm not sure. Maybe someone else in the community will be able to tell you, but if you haven't changed anything on your code, that points to me to something about the way your server is handling things.

[eluser]louis w[/eluser]
Can you run non CI php? I would put up a simple php info page and see if you get load it.
Do you have your php reporting jacked all the way up?

[eluser]jmaxsin[/eluser]
anything that is php but not in the CI php works fine... no performance issues at all.

But we have about 4 sites that are using the CI php and they are all failing...

[eluser]jmaxsin[/eluser]
we're not using apache.... we're using IIS with the ISAPI_REWRITE.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB