Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
I'm stuck. Anyone know a good example of a trade and retail website
Smile 
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2018, 04:31 AM by PaulD.)

I am just about to start to build a retail, trade and wholesale website with CI for a customer but am a bit stuck on the design for splitting out the audience. It will be retail (with retail prices) on the public front end and trade/wholesale prices behind a login or self declaration of some sort.

The problem is that if I just put a navigation bar on the top "Business/Trade customers login here..." sort of thing I think it will be too easily missed, even if I make it sticky. I sort of imagined having two big boxes, "Retail/Home Customers click here", and "Trade and Business customers click here", but that would mean having the products too far down the page, and again easy to scroll past and miss.

Does any one know of any good examples of a company splitting the audience well?

For know I am stuck, devoid of ideas, and cannot find anything to inspire me. Any suggestions warmly welcomed :-)

Thanks in advance,

Paul

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2018, 05:33 AM by jreklund.)

These example are in Swedish I personally like. I hate the whole "click here" sentence.

The first one got everything on the same page. But you can change to the corporate site e.g. display prices excluding taxes.
https://www.elgiganten.se/
At the top you can press "Företagsförsäljning" (Corporate Sales).

Or separate the whole website.
https://www.dustinhome.se/
https://www.dustin.se/ (Company site, that includes a popup asking if you are shopping for Business or Home)

Normally you will find all sites display including taxes here. But you can choose to exclude them (shopping for business). They usually have the same stuff on both selection. Dustin being the exception here. There are of course website that only sell to business as well, but those are getting thinner bye the day.

I normally open a website (I get including taxes). I create an account and they ask if it's Business or Home. After that I have logged in the site changes and always exclude taxes. Giving me my business discount and offers. That Home customers won't get.

Hey thanks for that. Much appreciated examples.

Different sites is where they are at the moment, but that means PPC for the business site has a bad ROAS because retail customers are chased back to google, and PPC for the retail site sucks in trade customers without serving them. (Unfortunately our research suggests business customers search for the same keywords as retail customers). So two sites is out.

Only dividing the audience on login is exactly what will happen. But here is the problem. Trade customers need to see trade prices before creating an account, so eyeballs from say trade email campaigns get to see trade prices immediately. And the question I am struggling with is how to divide the audience on the public homepage, without it being obscure.

I am coming round to a sticky nav with business/trade link, plus a banner or two in a sidebar and bottom of page. I would love to do a pop-up but I believe Google still see's these as spammy with penalties associated.

I have been looking around and perhaps a slide out business panel tab on the side might be a good idea too.

Thank you again for your suggestions and comments, much appreciated.

Paul.

Didn't think about the SEO part. So here's another example that will be more fitting. They are using "tabs" for switching type instead. 
https://www.netonnet.se/

Look at the top right corner "Privat" and "Företag". (image attached)

Here in Sweden I haven't seen any big companies with a retail/business e-shop got a sticky menu. You are always changing what type of customer you are at the top right corner and somethings in the footer (and the top right corner of course). If they don't have a button. You just know taxes are included and you select at checkout.

But I don't know your market so...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

ecoland.com uses 2 radio buttons to select with/without vat (private always want vat inclusive and business always want vat exclusive) and show the appropriate prices. people were confused with a checkbox regardless of what the title was. with the radio it is clear. everybody has the same initial choice of products.
bill

(08-19-2018, 07:48 AM)jreklund Wrote: Didn't think about the SEO part. So here's another example that will be more fitting. They are using "tabs" for switching type instead. 
https://www.netonnet.se/

Look at the top right corner "Privat" and "Företag". (image attached)

Here in Sweden I haven't seen any big companies with a retail/business e-shop got a sticky menu. You are always changing what type of customer you are at the top right corner and somethings in the footer (and the top right corner of course). If they don't have a button. You just know taxes are included and you select at checkout.

But I don't know your market so...

Hello Jreklund,

We really like the design https://www.netonnet.se/ , do you know if it was all done with CI?
We are developing a rental/sell marketplace with CI which is www.roynac.com, and wanted to know if you know any other CI marketplace or/and ecommerce, developed recently that you might want to share the ides...

Regards,
Robert

That one are made with ASP.net. Elgiganten are using an Apache 2 server, so they got a caching server or it's made with PHP. Dustin dosen't say what platform they are using. But their infrastructure are mainly Microsoft, so ASP.net are a safe bet.

I haven't worked for any e-shop customers. So don't know if they are based on CI or not. That's not something you disclose.

Just had a quick look at the site and here are some thoughts:
* immediately wanted to know my location.
* slideshow are too jumpy. Needs to fade between images if you are going to keep it.
* blog? Why do you need that?
* images are to big one your startpage. Looks good if you search for something.
* "What Roynac's Clients Say?" Have a link to e.g. trustpilot instead.
* can't press ESC to close an enlarged image

(08-23-2018, 09:05 AM)jreklund Wrote: That one are made with ASP.net. Elgiganten are using an Apache 2 server, so they got a caching server or it's made with PHP. Dustin dosen't say what platform they are using. But their infrastructure are mainly Microsoft, so ASP.net are a safe bet.

I haven't worked for any e-shop customers. So don't know if they are based on CI or not. That's not something you disclose.

Just had a quick look at the site and here are some thoughts:
* immediately wanted to know my location.
* slideshow are too jumpy. Needs to fade between images if you are going to keep it.
* blog? Why do you need that?
* images are to big one your startpage. Looks good if you search for something.
* "What Roynac's Clients Say?" Have a link to e.g. trustpilot instead.
* can't press ESC to close an enlarged image

Thank you so much for your support.

We are working on improving the homepage as suggested.

* immediately wanted to know my location. This one is used for localisating someone for offer products near by his place, do you think it create confusion? do you know if there is any other alternative for offering such option? which will not interfere the customer experience ?
* slideshow are too jumpy. Needs to fade between images if you are going to keep it. yes I fully agree with that.
* blog? Why do you need that? we are planning to use the blog for SEO purpose and publish article on specific products.
* images are to big one your startpage. Looks good if you search for something. yes that is totally true, we definitely need to reduce the image size ...
* "What Roynac's Clients Say?" Have a link to e.g. trustpilot instead. do you know how to incorporate trust pilot with CI?
* can't press ESC to close an enlarged image thanks we will look about this.

Location: It's like all those EU cookies laws we got now. That I personally don't care about. But this one I do. There are a reason that that your browser gives you an option. Make it so that it only asks if you press a button, like in the top left corner, where you can set an location.
Blog: You need to update it at a minimum 4 times a month. Or it's not necessary and dead.
Trustpilot: They got widgets: http://apps.trustpilot.com/

(08-24-2018, 09:11 AM)jreklund Wrote: Location: It's like all those EU cookies laws we got now. That I personally don't care about. But this one I do. There are a reason that that your browser gives you an option. Make it so that it only asks if you press a button, like in the top left corner, where you can set an location.
Blog: You need to update it at a minimum 4 times a month. Or it's not necessary and dead.
Trustpilot: They got widgets: http://apps.trustpilot.com/

you are totally right, we have moved it at the bottom right corner, and we will make it like you said.
even our team we were thinking that having it poping up it is really weird. www.roynac.com 

Regarding the blog, you are right also. We have to update it at least on weekly basis. it needs ressources for sure.

Do you know how to install trust pilot into a CI website? I will dig into their documentation too.

thank you so much for your advise, we like to received feedbacks from other, it always help us to improve ourselves.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB