Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Will CI4 Become Like the Other Frameworks?
Smile 

Hi.

I am a WordPress developer. But I've done several CI2 and CI3 projects for clients. So far I really love CI because it is so simple to develop and deploy.

Last week tried the Symfony framework, successfully created a simple fake news site, and fake money expense web app. But the problem is the size is too big for such a simple project. It has a lot of dependencies that have to be resolved using composer.

And, another problem is when I have to make an update to the online site. I have to track what changes has been made by the CLI or Composer in my local development.

Now, back to CI4, since it will use Composer and Command line tool, will it become like those thousand-files frameworks where developing and updating not so simple anymore?

Or will it stay as "powerful PHP framework with a very small footprint"?

Regards.

Composer is not required once we release a final version. It will still be "download and go" like it was before. We do use composer for the develop branch since there are 2 (and only 2) external dependencies that we use: Kint for the debugging help, and Zend Escaper because it's written by some of the most knowledgeable people about escaping output out there.

I like the idea of "Download and Go".

thanks for making it simple

(08-21-2018, 08:22 PM)kilishan Wrote: Composer is not required once we release a final version. It will still be "download and go" like it was before. We do use composer for the develop branch since there are 2 (and only 2) external dependencies that we use: Kint for the debugging help, and Zend Escaper because it's written by some of the most knowledgeable people about escaping output out there.

(08-21-2018, 09:04 PM)iridion2015 Wrote: I like the idea of "Download and Go".

thanks for making it simple

Any exact date of the official release?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB