Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Session errors after updating do 3.1.9

After updating from 3.1.8 to 3.1.9 I'm getting a lot of session errors in all my applications. Those errors are:
  • session_start(): Failed to decode session object. Session has been destroyed
  • Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded
I'm used to upgrade my CI's version very often. It's the first time this had happened. Has anyone experienced something like this? Could it be related to old sessions generated before my upgrade or something like that?

@etcho,

By any chance did you upgrade or make any changes to PHP?

My environment remained the same. CI's version is the only thing that changed.

@etcho,

I know you said the environment remained the same. Did you verified it or are you assuming? Are the permissions the same (especially the session directory)? I'm asking again because something is different between the environments. Did you copy the upgraded code from one environment to the other?

Just to let other people know, I downgraded my CI to 3.1.8 and everything came back to normal. No more session errors. I'll wait the next release to see if this issue will be resolved.

What were your session settings when using CI 3.1.9? Also, if using database sessions, what's your session table schema?

I literally just replaced my system folder to downgrade to 3.1.8. All the settings remained the same, which is this below:

PHP Code:
$config['sess_driver'] = 'files';
$config['sess_cookie_name'] = $config['apl_unique_identifier'] . '_session';
$config['sess_expiration'] = 7200;
$config['sess_save_path'] = NULL;
$config['sess_match_ip'] = FALSE;
$config['sess_time_to_update'] = 300;
$config['sess_regenerate_destroy'] = FALSE

Ohoh - if you are using the files driver, you MUST set the sess_save_path config variable, to hold the absolute path to a writable folder.

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2018, 04:34 AM by dimas.)

I'm having the same error messages in the log since last CI version: Severity: Warning --> session_start(): Failed to decode session object. Session has been destroyed (...)/system/libraries/Session/Session.php 143

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB