Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Content Management Systems

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2018, 09:18 AM by ignitedcms.)

Do you that the content management space is being overcrowded now?

Do you think building your own CMS is a silly thing to do given so many that already exist.

What are you current choice(s) regarding CMS to make your job easier?

Please discuss your current thoughts?
Practical guide to IgnitedCMS - Book coming soon, www.ignitedcms.com

@ignitedcms,

Yes the CMS space is overcrowded.

No, I don't think it is silly to build your own CMS. If anything it will strengthen your coding abilities not to mention that you might be able to build a niche market CMS. Also, alot of the older CMS's have become very complicated and have a lot of overhead.

I'm a Wordpress guy but I'm considering adding a flat file or No SQL or JSON CMS.

And most PHP frameworks have a CMS which I think is beneficial because it showcases what you can do if you put the time and effort into it.

(09-10-2018, 12:55 PM)php_rocs Wrote: @ignitedcms,

Yes the CMS space is overcrowded.

No, I don't think it is silly to build your own CMS.  If anything it will strengthen your coding abilities not to mention that you might be able to build a niche market CMS.  Also, alot of the older CMS's have become very complicated and have a lot of overhead.

I'm a Wordpress guy but I'm considering adding a flat file or No SQL or JSON CMS.

And most PHP frameworks have a CMS which I think is beneficial because it showcases what you can do if you put the time and effort into it.

Thank you for replying, yes that is my thoughts. I got sick of using wordpress because it is so bloated and I wanted to use something quick and easy. But the other CMS's seemed to be lacking or were too costly, or changing it with bolt ons seemed too time consuming so I built my own.
Practical guide to IgnitedCMS - Book coming soon, www.ignitedcms.com

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB