Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Suppress switching the language for the form validation

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2018, 10:15 AM by n2fole00.)

Hi, I'm setting up a translation for my site and needed to change the system's config language item to use with ion auth's translations. After changing the the config language to Finnish, I get this error.

Code:
Unable to load the requested language file: language/finnish/form_validation_lang.php

After investigating, I realised CI uses language files not included in the original download. In this instance, it's for form_validation, but after tracking down the codeigniter3-translations directory on github, I noticed there are no translations for Finnish (Suomi).

I think I'll get more of these errors when I try and use other parts of the app that require other libraries. I could get the translations done and include them, or perhaps there is a trick to suppress switching the language for the form validation. Anyone know how?

Thanks.

I would recommend to translate them. Or just copy the English ones. There won't be any more files, if you don't include any custom ones of course.

(09-14-2018, 11:33 AM)jreklund Wrote: Or just copy the English ones.

Big Grin What a obvious solution! I can't believe I didn't think of this. Thanks.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB