Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Propose Directory Structure

Hi J.P.
I want to propose the structure of the directory so that when we have several projects we don't need to duplicate the "system" directory.

The structure that I propose is as follows.
- system/
- project/
   - application/
   - writable/
   - public/
- test/
Thanks.

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2018, 10:20 PM by sv3tli0.)

No point...

There is an easy way to make folders as : app2 / public_site2 and that's it..
Writable is not public folder but again you can multiply it

And the only thing that you must touch is App/Config/Paths (in each separate instance) .
You are able to move each app in the structure you showed as well, just set correct paths..

! .env is an issue at this case ..
Best VPS Hosting : Digital Ocean

(10-02-2018, 10:17 PM)sv3tli0 Wrote: No point...

There is an easy way to make folders as : app2 / public_site2 and that's it..
Writable is not public folder but again you can multiply it

And the only thing that you must touch is App/Config/Paths (in each separate instance) .
You are able to move each app in the structure you showed as well, just set correct paths..

! .env is an issue at this case ..

when I put application directory in project_1 directory, BASEPATH cannot be read correctly.

can you provide a configuration example .env for this problem?
Thank for your reply.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2018, 01:54 AM by sv3tli0.)

At public/index.php you have a call to the app folder (for Config/Paths.php) this path must be set correctly to your app folder (for each separate public folder there should be selected APP folder it can goes automatic but I don't recommend it).
! This should be the only place where the system is not using those Paths.php folders paths, so don't forget to update and folder names inside this Config/Paths.php. after that !

for .env file I am not quite sure .. I think it's hard set to the root folder :/ May be it should be possible to set its path inside config paths as well ? ? ?

(10-03-2018, 01:48 AM)sv3tli0 Wrote: At public/index.php you have a call to the app folder (for Config/Paths.php) this path must be set correctly to your app folder (for each separate public folder there should be selected APP folder it can goes automatic but I don't recommend it).
! This should be the only place where the system is not using those Paths.php folders paths, so don't forget to update and folder names inside this Config/Paths.php. after that !

for .env file I am not quite sure .. I think it's hard set to the root folder :/ May be it should be possible to set its path inside config paths as well ? ? ?

If the directory structure that I propose is approved, we only need to update the basepath definition in system / bootstrap.php.

(10-03-2018, 03:23 AM)titounnes Wrote:
(10-03-2018, 01:48 AM)sv3tli0 Wrote: At public/index.php you have a call to the app folder (for Config/Paths.php) this path must be set correctly to your app folder (for each separate public folder there should be selected APP folder it can goes automatic but I don't recommend it).

If the directory structure that I propose is approved, we only need to update the basepath definition in system / bootstrap.php.

1 update vs 2 updates ... it is not big difference for any developer..

And your demand is based on a need which is not typical case. Why it should be the base for CI ?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB