Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Is CodeIgniter 3 died?

Hi Guys,
Usually every 2 or 3 month, a new version of CodeIgniter3 released.
But Since the version 3.1.9 nothing happen, and there is no activity on GitHub since Sep 10.
I'm planning to start a new protect, and I d'ont know if I should go for CodeIgniter3 and I'm worry if CI3 is died, or Still wait CodeIgniter4.
Thanks In advance,

CodeIgniter 3 is not dead, but it is stable enough that recent changes have been patches rather than full pull requests.
The maintainer and lead developer of CI3, like all our volunteers, has a life outside of CodeIgniter.
I am pretty sure that 3.1.10 and/or 3.2.0 will happen at some point.
CI3 will continue to be supported for some time once CI4 launches - you haven't seen the last of it yet Smile

I am still working with it (for over 10 years now) and I must say since version 3.1.10 and the ability to auto load composer I have discovered a complete new world that can be included in CodeIgniter version 3 as well. I have just integrated the Luthier CI routing and middleware package and developed a composer based package including input validation based on respect validation. I developed this originally for the Slim framework but have adapted to CodeIgniter. Yesterday I developed another composer package with model mapping, where records from CodeIgniter can be mapped and easily used based on mapping, aliases and callback functions. So even CodeIgniter 3 can be easily extended with composer packages.

This is my composer.json:
Code:
{
  "license": "MIT",
  "require": {
    "kint-php/kint": "^2.1",
    "kint-php/kint-js": "^1.1",
    "luthier/luthier": "v1.0.5",
    "respect/validation": "1.1.29",
    "enovision/ci-dependencies": "dev-master",
    "enovision/ci-html-wrapper": "dev-master",
    "enovision/ci-http": "dev-master",
    "enovision/ci-model-map": "dev-master"
  },
  "repositories": [
    {
      "type": "path",
      "url": "vendor.development/enovision/ci-http"
    },
    {
      "url": "vendor.development/enovision/ci-html-wrapper"
    },
    {
      "url": "vendor.development/enovision/ci-dependencies"
    },
    {
      "url": "vendor.development/enovision/ci-model-map"
    }
  ],
  "autoload": {
    "psr-4": {
      "App\\": "",
      "Middleware\\": "middleware/",
      "App\\Models\\": "models/map/"
    }
  }
}

This file should be in the root of the "application" folder.
The App namespace is the application folder itself.
The App\Models is in the "application\models\map" folder.

I also created a "vendor.development" folder in the same "application" folder.
There I develop my own packages as repositories, which will be automatically soft linked by composer.

In short, although version 3 looks rusty, it still has solid steel beneath that surface. My motto based on over more that 30 years of development is that if it works solid, secure and reliable and does it what is should do, it must be right. And that is what CodeIgniter still manages for me. It is not the framework that makes the syntax great, it is the developer.

But I can't wait to have CodeIgniter 4 finished, but that will be a whole different ballgame than CodeIgniter 3.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2021, 01:30 AM by MelWood.)

i have been using CI since 2014. science bio review dianabol for sale weight loss pills that work fast where to buy sarms sarms before and after crazy bulk reviews how-to-lose-weight-fast best diet pills in 2022 best diet pills SARMs Online sarms for sale gnc sarms for sale SARMs Online where to buy sarms buy sarms online sarms 4 you crazy bulk review legal steroids for sale how it works legal steroids testogen gnc testogen amazon Best Sarms sarms before and after phenq gnc s4 sarm Andarine buy s4 sarm testogen gnc testogen amazon gynectrol pills gynectrol Best Sarms sarms before and after phenq gnc testoprime shark tank weight loss-drink shark tank weight loss best sarms for sale yk11 before and after yk11 before and after yk11 dosage YK11 Results yk11 sarms Best SARMS for Sale 2022 perfect keto widest choice of keto supplements keto pills shark tank keto diet pills keto diet pills best keto diet pills best legal steroids steroids for sale best-legal steroids for sale 2022 legal steroids for sale best legal steroids perfect keto diet pills perfect keto https://www.clevescene.com/cleveland/per...d=37758824 [url=https://www.clevescene.com/cleveland/perfect-keto-widest-choice-of-keto-supplements-perfect-keto-bhb-exogenous-keto-capsules-keto-pills-for-ketogenic/Content?oid=37758824]keto boost/url] keto supplements keto bhb pills I am developing my project *redacted* with CI3 hope the new version will release soon then i will go for it.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB