Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI tutorial from David Connelly

Hello,

David Connelly did a massive tutorial of 135 videos on Youtube on how to build a ecommerce website with CI 3 and I was in the middle of following it. a week ago he decided to move on and deleted 1/3 of the video.

I wanted to ask the commnunity if someone ever downloaded the entire videos (along with any code source) on their computer. I would appreciate a link to a dropbox folder for example so I can download the missing video.

An immensce thank to the CI community.

I have all 137 videos for David's Online Shop, but no source code.

I would need to get permission from him in order to give you the videos,
they maybe copyrighted by him.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Hello,

Thank for the reply. I tried to contact David but the contact form crashed :-(

I then look on google about the use of videos from youtube. There is the fair use policy and there are 4 points:

1. The purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes
Courts typically focus on whether the use is “transformative.” That is, whether it adds new expression or meaning to the original, or whether it merely copies from the original. Commercial uses are less likely to be considered fair, though it’s possible to monetize a video and still take advantage of the fair use defense.
2. The nature of the copyrighted work
Using material from primarily factual works is more likely to be fair than using purely fictional works.
3. The amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole
Borrowing small bits of material from an original work is more likely to be considered fair use than borrowing large portions. However, even a small taking may weigh against fair use in some situations if it constitutes the "heart" of the work.
4. The effect of the use upon the potential market for, or value of, the copyrighted work
Uses that harm the copyright owner’s ability to profit from his or her original work are less likely to be fair uses. Courts have sometimes made an exception under this factor in cases involving parodies.

From that, I can see
point 1: this is a series for building an online shop so the purpose is commercial but I am not myself re-using the video of david to make money. So his work is not re-used for making money direclty.
point 2: not sure if I understand that well.
point 3: I need the deleted videos but the point is that they are precisely deleted so the copyrighted work has vanished from youtube, therefore I would like something that doesn't exist anymore and therefore I don't violate point 3.
point 4: getting those videos from someone doesn't affect the value of the copyrighted work because that work as disappeared.

Based on the above, I would conclude that you would be within the fair rules regulation of youtube. What do you think?

That the works are not on youtube any longer does not affect the IP rights of the owner. This is akin to thinking it is ok to print copies of a book and sell them because there aren't any copies in the bookstore where it was purchased. It may be for sale elsewhere, but even that doesn't matter. The property (book, video, music, etc) doesn't need to be available anywhere for the owner to maintain copyright.

I found a David Connelly on Linked In. I'm reasonably sure he's the guy you want to contact.

I have his personal email address and I am just waiting for his answer.

I just found a repository on github with the entire code: https://github.com/bouraimad2016/ci_ecommerce

(This post was last modified: 12-24-2018, 11:55 AM by InsiteFX. Edit Reason: Added YouTube Link )

OK, The video's are officially mine now, give some time to upload them to youtube
and then I will post the link here.

Well it uploaded to 92 and then crashed and wont let me upload any more videos
guess I'll have to zip them up place on my server for download.

File Links:

Online Shop 01

Online Shop 02

Online Shop 03

Online Shop 04

Online Shop 05

Online Shop 06

Online Shop 07

Online Shop 08

Online Shop 09

Online Shop 10

Online Shop 11

Online Shop 12

Online Shop 13

Online Shop 14

If you need a Video Player for Windows you can download this one.

POT Player Video Player for Windows

NOTE:

Email from David.

Hi Raymond,

Permission granted.  They are now officially yours.  Launch them anywhere.  Sell them.  Do anything you want.  

You did the right thing.  I appreciate that.

Take care my friend and I hope you are well.

Regards,

DC

Dear InsiteFX,

Oh my god! I just read your post on the 25th and it is like the best Xmas present ever. Many thanks for your care. Thank for the CI community to have preserved this piece of knowledge.

Note: I have trouble to download from package 10 to 14. Can you verify the links? It gives a 404 error

(This post was last modified: 12-25-2018, 09:20 AM by InsiteFX.)

Sorry about that it crashed last night, I am uploading the rest right now should
be finished in about a 2 hours.

Update: They should all be uploaded now enjoy

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Did DC create a Cash on delivery payment method Here PAl? thanks btw for sharing videos, I badly needed them cause Next Month is the deadline of my Thesis Project Thank you so Much insiteFX Godbless

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB