• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Severity: error --> Exception: Call to a member function quote() ...

I sometime get the following error in the CodeIgniter error log files :

Code:
ERROR - 2019-01-21 01:12:35 --> Unable to connect to the database
ERROR - 2019-01-21 01:12:36 --> Severity: error --> Exception: Call to a member function quote() on boolean mysite/system/database/drivers/pdo/pdo_driver.php 234

It rarely happens, but happens sometimes. I guess that if the PDO driver can't connect to the database, there is no retry. So the page will display an error.

I reported a bug : https://github.com/bcit-ci/CodeIgniter/issues/5682

But apparently, this is not a bug... Any idea ?

@imabot,

This is definitely not a CI issue.

Database type?MySQL? How often does this happen? How do you connect to the database (localhost or by DSN)? Have you researched to determine if this is a common issue? PHP PDO version?

(01-28-2019, 10:29 AM)php_rocs Wrote: @imabot,

This is definitely not a CI issue.

Database type?MySQL? How often does this happen?  How do you connect to the database (localhost or by DSN)?  Have you researched to determine if this is a common issue?  PHP PDO version?

Database is MySQL. It happens about 1 times on 10,000. I'm using PDO to connect to the database, conventional CI PDO drivers.

Of course, I already made some researches about this error, but I didn't find any useful answers or even explanations. 

I bet that I'm not he only user affected by this problem, but probably that the others do not know it because, they don't check error log files ...

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon