Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
An eCommerce site with CodeIgniter

[eluser]Leggy[/eluser]
Well a friend of mine asked me to help him with a (possible) future client of ours (i code, he designs). I would be making a general store for special events, etc. From looking through the old site it is mainly gifts. I can currently do everything but the credit cards which i have been reading up on. From what i have read so far, you only charge their credit card once the product has been shipped (not a problem) but it's the charging of credit cards which is the main problem for me. I read somewhere that each card company has its own API which i can download from their site but i've looked through them and found nothing.

I am planning on creating it with CodeIgniter, have any of you guys done any eCommerce like this with or without CI? And if so any advice?

Thanks in advanced,
Henry

[eluser]frenzal[/eluser]
I don't think you really want to do your own creditcard processing, not only because of the work involved but for security reasons, it's quite sensitve data. Use an online creditcard processor like ogone which is uite easy to implement.

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Yes, just don't go there with credit cards. There is no point, make the rest just talk to the processor and it means they handle it all. No worries.

Don't know if you can delay it using that method. You may have to charge them, and then if they cancel the order refund them the money.

[eluser]Jamie Rumbelow[/eluser]
Just use paypal.

Credit Card processing is governed by extremely strict laws, and would require you to pay a huge fee to purchase a license or pay another company to provide a gateway. You have to set up systems to make sure the information is secure, plus a whole load of other stuff.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB