• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Third Party Migrations

One more thing to note about using the Autoloader instead of a flat array read from app/Config/Autoload.php is that the Autoloader supports multiple paths for a single namespace (like Composer) but the array in the config file does not.

That's the way it should be done. The migrations stuff was done way before Composer was integrated into the file location process and I just didn't think about that, honestly. So Thanks!

I did make a comment on the PR that it might be better to user the FileLocator class instead of the autoloader directly, though.
Support Development  • Practical CodeIgniter 3  • Vulcan - CLI Tools for CI4

To close the loop on anyone reading this, third party migrations are now supported! If a package includes an appropriately namespaced migration then after it is installed you can run `php spark migrate:latest -all` to run the migrations without any other configuration. If you have security concerns (well you should really address those before installing) you can run individual namespaces with -n.
I have been adding the first command to composer.json in post-update-cmd so migrations are applied automatically on install/update.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon