Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Advance Tutorials

Can we expect any paid advance codeigniter 4 tutorials videos or book around ci4 release dates ?

Wow you guys don't want much do you? Smile

I do plan on writing the already-planned CodeIgniter 4 Foundations, but can't promise a release date. Just coding CI4 has taken a huge amount of my spare time over the last 3 or so years.

What type of advance subjects would you want to see covered if something else was made?

@kilishan

I learned a lot by looking at your Myth Auth and Simple forums.

Lonnie Ezell - Github Code

I suggest that you look at his Myth Auth, Vulcan and Simple Forums.

You can learn a lot from the code.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

@InsiteFX - glad they helped! Even if I do feel they're a bit sloppy at them moment since they're all somewhat experimental. Smile

That's one of the reasons I started playing with the forum stuff. Well, that and to actually have a chance to use the codebase for something to see what parts were painful. I haven't had much chance to actually build for the platform yet, but those projects, even in their relatively early states, have helped me iron out some use-cases and forced me to add features to make things simpler to use.

I hope they help others, and they'll all be getting more attention after we get a final release on CI4 and I can spare the time.

Glad that your going to stay on top of them after CI release, I really like the
way you did the Myth Auth with filter's and entity's.

Also good use of the PHP password_hash and password verify methods.

Good Job.

Thanks, I appreciate that!

I don't really understand how to build a framework, but by looking at the CI's system file, I understand how the framework works. Also by looking at the tests source code and the docs, they are really helpful for me. Now I have moved my project to CI4. I know that CI 4 is not ready for production, but my current project is not ready for production as well. I haven't meet any problem yet when using CI 4 and can't wait to see the final public release!

I have also been learning the new framework, what I do is sit down on a weekend and read
the complete Documentation from beginning to end and then refer to it.

If you do not read the documentation then you will get stuck on the way to learning.

Also like you said it is well worth the time to go through the frameworks source code.

Like in CI 3.0+ there are lots of hidden gems in the source code that is not documented.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB