Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Merging CodeIgniter and NoNonsense Forum

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2019, 07:08 AM by christaliise.)

(05-09-2019, 02:31 PM)InsiteFX Wrote: Personally I would look for a forum that is more up to date and being supported.

That has not been touched for over 4 years so I' am sure that there will be security leaks
all over.

OK, I appreciate your advice, but the website I'm helping to build will need to address security as a whole very seriously, and not just the forum section.

At this stage we are just looking at getting a "simple" forum to work within CodeIgniter, and via localhost. We would like a little help from a CodeIgniter expert.

MyBB & phpBB both appear to be reliable, if we were to go down the track of a subdomain.

Rethink;
I think a chat room may suit our needs. I'm doing some investigating.

The only forum built for CodeIgniter that I knew of was Dove Forums, try searching on that.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Ok, I found the newer version of Dove Forums it has been renamed to Yeti Forums.

CodeIgniter - Yeti Forums

(05-10-2019, 08:30 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: Ok, I found the newer version of Dove Forums it has been renamed to Yeti Forums.

CodeIgniter - Yeti Forums

I've checked out the difference between a chat room & a forum - Chat rooms allow you to communicate with people in real time, forums are more suited for discussions where not all participants have to be online at the same time. I think a chat room would be more suited to our needs & intentions. Do you or anybody else know of a chat room, that involves multiple people of a selected group as in corporation staff, built for CodeIgniter?

SETTING UP YOUR OWN ONLINE CHAT MODULE WITH CODEIGNITER

How to Add Real-Time Messaging On A Codeigniter App in Under 5 Minutes!

(05-12-2019, 03:38 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: SETTING UP YOUR OWN ONLINE CHAT MODULE WITH CODEIGNITER

How to Add Real-Time Messaging On A Codeigniter App in Under 5 Minutes!

OK, thanks.

The CometChat says - First select a plan from the CometChat free trialpage, enter your email address and start your free trial for 7 days. - I guess after 7 days there will be a charge - We are building a free website so we dont want to pay for something, that we cant recover.

The Anexia-it says it is written on November 5, 2015 but also says "To get started, we recommend that you first download the latest version of the CodeIgniter framework from the website (http://www.codeigniter.com). This is currently version 3.0.2." - I am using version 3.1.9 but I don't think that should matter. In 2015 version 3.0.2 was not available. I'll try it and see if it works. It does require the use of a database. I was hoping to find something simple that does not use a database. I guess the use of a database is for security reasons. The website we are building will need overall security, not just for the chat room.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB