Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 4.0.0-beta.3 released

thanks.

Well done...

Very good, Steadily expecting to see the final version ready.

Wow what a great news , Thanks a lot !
So should i now start migrating my web applications to version 4 so when the final version is released it will be ready, Or should i wait for the RC or even the full release ?

WOW WOW WOW.... NICE NICE

Good job guys

If I start doing something on beta.3 today, how seamlessly will I be able to upgrade to 4.0.0?
You can see things I made with codeigniter here: itart.pro its not overly impressive as I have very little time to learn.

(06-09-2019, 03:55 AM)Leo Wrote: If I start doing something on beta.3 today, how seamlessly will I be able to upgrade to 4.0.0?

From the v4 documentation

Quote:CodeIgniter 4 is a rewrite of the framework and is not backwards compatible. It is more appropriate to think of converting your app, rather than upgrading it. Once you have done that, upgrading from one version of CodeIgniter 4 to the next will be straightforward.

So, not seamless, but not a complete rewrite either.

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2019, 10:14 AM by Leo.)

I think the quoted text from the docs means upgrading from version 3 to version 4. I was asking about upgrading from CodeIgniter 4.0.0-beta.3 to CodeIgniter 4.0.0....but never mind...I've got so much work right now, by the time I'll be free CI 4.0 will probably be released (fingers crossed Smile )
You can see things I made with codeigniter here: itart.pro its not overly impressive as I have very little time to learn.

The dev said beta 3 is probably the last beta until release candidate. So I don't think so much will change until the final release. My guess is it will be just bug fixes and no breaking changes.
CodeIgniter 4 tutorials (EN/FR) - https://includebeer.com
/*** NO support in private message - Use the forum! ***/

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB