• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Migration group issue

Hello,

i'm trying to apply my migrations to my test database by using the -g option for groups

php spark migrate:latest -g tests

but the command still try to target my main database (db.local) AND my test database (db.test) at the same time.

My .env database setup is

database.default.database = db.local
database.tests.database = db.test

is that a bug or am i doing something wrong?

Thank you for any help

Well your database is db.test and your using -g tests should it not be -g test?
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(06-22-2019, 04:31 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: Well your database is db.test and your using -g tests should it not be -g test?

Thanks for your comment but in fact, db.test is the name of the database itself. The name of the group is the middle part of

database.tests.database = db.test

like it is for default group

database.default.database = db.local

but i tried it anyway Tongue doesn't work

Hmm that's odd. Can you try it with `-all` and see if it has the same behavior? Also try it from a non-CLI context:
```
$runner = Services::migrations();
$result = $runner->latest(null, 'tests');
var_dump($result);
```

:/ Doesn't work either, command line or scripts. It it still trying to target my main db and never the "tests" one. I also tried  to setup db config in the according file in App\Config with no success. The groups seems totay ignored.

ps: Thanks your for the code example  as i was going to need it..by the way, do you have any idea how to use the rollback() method from a script ? it seems not present in the migrations service.

Okay I recommend you submit a bug report on GitHub and someone will take a look at it.

For rollback you can just call `version` with "0": $runner->version(0); - though I should note that migrations are being reworked right now so I'd recommend against writing a lot of code around the current implementation in case things change (https://github.com/codeigniter4/CodeIgniter4/pull/2065).

(06-22-2019, 06:35 PM)MGatner Wrote: Okay I recommend you submit a bug report on GitHub and someone will take a look at it.

Ok. I will.

For rollback you can just call `version` with "0": $runner->version(0); - though I should note that migrations are being reworked right now so I'd recommend against writing a lot of code around the current implementation in case things change (https://github.com/codeigniter4/CodeIgniter4/pull/2065).

thank you very much Smile

I guess i have found the problem: In the migrationRunner, the database is selected in the constructor only. The setGroup method is called in latest(), it can change the group but the database is never reconnected.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  

Theme © 2014 iAndrew