Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Mysql Database issues

[eluser]megabyte[/eluser]
has anyone had problems with 1.6 and Mysql creating unique and fulltext keys on thier database tables? I've never had this happen before in all the builds.

am i the only one having this issue?

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
There have been no other reports to my knowledge. It might be helpful if you could explain a bit more, for example, how are you creating the fields, could you provide the smallest amount of code possible to re-produce. What version of MySQL are you using?

[eluser]James Pax[/eluser]
I'm having similar problems... unfortunately.

http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/76269/

edit: I regularly update my system, so latest php5 and mysql5, no alfa-beta muckabouts Smile

additional: using $this->load->dbforge(); does nothing, for dbforge class I need to use $this->load->dbutil(); and it loads dbutil and dbforge together!

I'm gonna track it down this week when i get some time and find out why.

I'm not using dbforge though. Just the Active Record class, and I've never had issues before.

[quote author="megabyte" date="1207786416"]I'm gonna track it down this week when i get some time and find out why.

I'm not using dbforge though. Just the Active Record class, and I've never had issues before.[/quote]

what mysql version do you have? is it latest? and when was your last update? before or after your implementation?

mysql 4.x.x not sure which one. I'm using the latest version of CI. Had no issues before 1.6

how do you try and change the table fields? is kinda like:

Code:
$this->db->query("ALTER TABLE 'table' CHANGE field field UNIQUE FULLTEXT");

One idea is that the escaping of queries might be the cause of some problems.

Thats the thing, I'm not trying to change any table fields at all. I'm only doing add/edit and delete statements.

I went to go export a database in phpmyadmin the other day and reuse it for another project I noticed I had about 40 unique and fulltext keys.

AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

I think I found my bug!!

database.php

changed the driver from mysqli to mysql and now it's working!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB