• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Mysql Database issues

#1
[eluser]megabyte[/eluser]
has anyone had problems with 1.6 and Mysql creating unique and fulltext keys on thier database tables? I've never had this happen before in all the builds.

#2
[eluser]megabyte[/eluser]
am i the only one having this issue?

#3
[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
There have been no other reports to my knowledge. It might be helpful if you could explain a bit more, for example, how are you creating the fields, could you provide the smallest amount of code possible to re-produce. What version of MySQL are you using?

#4
[eluser]James Pax[/eluser]
I'm having similar problems... unfortunately.

http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/76269/

edit: I regularly update my system, so latest php5 and mysql5, no alfa-beta muckabouts Smile

additional: using $this->load->dbforge(); does nothing, for dbforge class I need to use $this->load->dbutil(); and it loads dbutil and dbforge together!

#5
[eluser]megabyte[/eluser]
I'm gonna track it down this week when i get some time and find out why.

I'm not using dbforge though. Just the Active Record class, and I've never had issues before.

#6
[eluser]James Pax[/eluser]
[quote author="megabyte" date="1207786416"]I'm gonna track it down this week when i get some time and find out why.

I'm not using dbforge though. Just the Active Record class, and I've never had issues before.[/quote]

what mysql version do you have? is it latest? and when was your last update? before or after your implementation?

#7
[eluser]megabyte[/eluser]
mysql 4.x.x not sure which one. I'm using the latest version of CI. Had no issues before 1.6

#8
[eluser]James Pax[/eluser]
how do you try and change the table fields? is kinda like:

Code:
$this->db->query("ALTER TABLE 'table' CHANGE field field UNIQUE FULLTEXT");

One idea is that the escaping of queries might be the cause of some problems.

#9
[eluser]megabyte[/eluser]
Thats the thing, I'm not trying to change any table fields at all. I'm only doing add/edit and delete statements.

I went to go export a database in phpmyadmin the other day and reuse it for another project I noticed I had about 40 unique and fulltext keys.

#10
[eluser]James Pax[/eluser]
AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

I think I found my bug!!

database.php

changed the driver from mysqli to mysql and now it's working!


Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  


  Theme © 2014 iAndrew  
Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2019 MyBB Group.