Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
First time using CI4 and so far it is fantastic!

Just wanted to say that I am finally building my first project with CI4 - I am glad I waited. I am delighted to say that so far it is proving to be absolutely wonderful.

I had a hiccup that lasted a few days in all honesty with my filter redirect not working, then with my manual model not connecting to the database (both my own fault of course). In fact I nearly gave in and reloaded CI3 into the project. Glad now I did not.

And I am sure there will be many more hiccups along the way. But I am astounded at just how much work and thought and planning has gone into CI4. There is a learning curve that my familiarity with CI3 did not prepare me for, but my testing so far in what CI4 has to offer makes CI4, IMHO, leagues ahead of CI3.

Even now, just a few days into using CI4 for the very first time, CI3 is feeling a bit outdated (and I have many CI3 projects I still work on). CI4 just feels like a completely different and more flexible/powerful way of working already.

I have fallen in love with it straight away.

Thank you, it is brilliant.

Paul

Hi PaulID,

Glad you like CI 4.

Lonnie has some tutorials and video's on using CI 4 for a support cost,
but well worth it.

PATREON
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

I couldn't agree more PaulD! I dread working on my CI3 projects these days - feel so clunky and monotonous. I'm very excited for the official RC1.

(07-03-2019, 12:04 PM)MGatner Wrote: I couldn't agree more PaulD! I dread working on my CI3 projects these days - feel so clunky and monotonous. I'm very excited for the official RC1.

+1

(Using CodeIgniter since 1.x)

(07-03-2019, 12:04 PM)MGatner Wrote: I couldn't agree more PaulD! I dread working on my CI3 projects these days - feel so clunky and monotonous. I'm very excited for the official RC1.

Do you know of anyone working on an Eloquent ORM integration for CI4?

(Using CodeIgniter since 1.x)

@jasonzig I've heard mentions but not seen any actual projects going. I have an "ORM-lite" approach I add to many models for bulk loading their relations, but probably won't ever be a full-grown ORM.

(07-04-2019, 12:01 AM)jasonzig Wrote: Do you know of anyone working on an Eloquent ORM integration for CI4?

IIRC Eloquent can be used in non-Laravel projects already. That would replace the entire database layer at that point but should be relatively simple to integrate.

Here's one article on using it.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB