Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
I do not like CI directory structure!

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
[quote author="GSV Sleeper Service" date="1207662269"]I don't like anchovies[/quote]

GSV, You know you're not supposed to tell the newbies about the anchovies.

[eluser]bcorcoran[/eluser]
Wait wait wait...

Can't you just edit the index.php and change the following two values?

Code:
$system_folder = "system";
Code:
$application_folder = "application";

Like, lets say I had /var/www/vhosts/domain.com and /var/www/vhosts/example.com

I could store CI in /var/www/codeigniter

and have my application folder and an index.php in the two website folders... they'd both access the same CI base install, but have their own application structure... and on top of that they'd be pretty secure since the system dir is outside of the web root (assuming /var/www isn't the actual web root).

Am I missing something here?

[eluser]Tom Glover[/eluser]
I have no problem with layers because I use a clean CI for each project I do. as each project is likely to end up on different serves why not keep them completely separate in the first place.

[eluser]webthink[/eluser]
I don't like applications being inside system either that's why we separate them but if this is really your only issue...
Quote:Every time i look at the directoyry structure in Eclipse , i could n’t find which file i was working...mainly because duplicating directory structure in application level and system level confuses me.
Why don't you just set you project directory as the application folder in eclipse and forget system even exists?

There's lots of reasons why system and application should be separated but I wouldn't think that's tops on the list Wink

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB