Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 4 Logo

(07-23-2019, 01:05 AM)ciadmin Wrote: We wanted to refresh the logo for the new version of CodeIgniter, with 3 goals:
- recognizably "CodeIgniter"
- distinct from the current logo
- somehow incorporating the digit "4"

The campfire logo above, while simple & symmetric, only meets the second of these goals.

So a new logo every major release?
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

(07-23-2019, 06:14 AM)albertleao Wrote: So a new logo every major release?

Quite possibly Undecided   Mind you, CodeIgniter 5 could be years away!

Maybe we'll have the technology for a holographic logo by then :-0

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2019, 02:07 AM by demyr.)

Quite busy nowadays but I'm on it and will try to do my best about the logo. I hope I will present you something nice.
Also, maybe you could turn this topic into a kind of picking activity to choose the one which will be voted most by members. ??

(07-23-2019, 11:47 PM)demyr Wrote: Quite busy nowadays but I'm on it and will try to do my best about the logo. I hope I will present you something nice.
Also, maybe you could turn this topic into a kind of picking activity to choose the one which will be voted most by members. ??

You're welcome to "play with this", in a separate thread in the lounge, but it is late in the game to be changing anything and our priorities are getting CI4 launched. To be clear, I am not suggesting a poll for a logo design, but am encouraging community discussion about it or any other CodeIgniter topic important to them.

I like the new CI4 logo. Anyway, there will always be people not happy with the chosen one, whatever design is picked up. So, keep it !  Big Grin
CodeIgniter 4 tutorials (EN/FR) - https://includebeer.com
/*** NO support in private message - Use the forum! ***/

I like the concept...BUT yeah, the 4 could use a bit more "rigidness" - like I think a good logo is one that others can easily draw themselves (because that what is simple to draw on paper is also easily memorized) - and the current 4 is a bit too clumsy for others to be able to replicate. That's my 2 cents I really wanted to write out here.
You can see things I made with codeigniter here: itart.pro its not overly impressive as I have very little time to learn.

Just my 2 cents about new logo. I definitey don't like it, because:

- It looks like 12 yo kid has drawn it first time in Illustrator/Corel.
- It looks like a burning wrench.
- Incorporating 4? How are you going to incorporate 5 when it is so far?

Just leave the original logo, which everybody know.

(07-21-2019, 03:10 AM), ignitedcms Wrote: This was my idea I was thinking something like a bonfire.

[Image: ci.jpg]

Hm.. I think I will vote for this concept, but in my opinion, the X icon is not necessary. It will be better if you replace it with something representing the "4" number, but adding a little dot or something else is good as well.

(This post was last modified: 08-07-2019, 02:05 PM by demyr.)

Allright, actually I was going to follow the advice of ciadmin which was to go through another topic about our ideas for the new logo but I wanted to end this discussion on my side by putting here the version I tried. I cannot claim that mine is the perfect shape but at least I tried to shape the form of 4, the inner flame, a little bit. 

[Image: codeigniter4logo-me3-01a.png]

P.S. My preference would be something new or the old version, but touched this one since it was declared as the chosen one.

(08-07-2019, 02:02 PM)demyr Wrote: Allright, actually I was going to follow the advice of ciadmin which was to go through another topic about our ideas for the new logo but I wanted to end this discussion on my side by putting here the version I tried. I cannot claim that mine is the perfect shape but at least I tried to shape the form of 4, the inner flame, a little bit. 

P.S. My preference would be something new or the old version, but touched this one since it was declared as the chosen one.

They announced a new logo, they didn't ask for new submission...!  Tongue
CodeIgniter 4 tutorials (EN/FR) - https://includebeer.com
/*** NO support in private message - Use the forum! ***/

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB