Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Learning the Basics - Free Tutorials from Lonnie

Hey guys, I was just doing a little organizing with some of my posts over at my Patreon page and realized I could put together nice groups of posts. So I gathered together my posts on the Basics of using CodeIgniter 4 and made them easy to find.

These cover tutorials like understanding namespaces and how they're used, services, routes, and more. The best part is that most of them in that group are completely free.

I hope they help you guys out.

Thanks Lonnie. Is it possibly to put on the free posts to your own blog instead of patreon? I think patreon has a very bad UX and hard to read longer texts there...

Hello Lonnie!

I have been scouring the web all weekend for CI4 video tutorials, but have not had much luck. Do you by any chance have plans for (or are currently working on) a COMPLETE CodeIgniter 4 class??? Everything I have heard and read so far sounds amazing, and it seems to have a ton of potential to become yet again one of the top contending PHP Frameworks. But there is practically ZERO material available other than the documentation since it is still so new.

FINGERS CROSSED, and I look forward to more tutorial videos!

Bridging the gap between Technical and Creative

VASCOsoft Web Studio   |   AllMyLinks

(This post was last modified: 06-29-2020, 02:47 AM by marcogmonteiro. Edit Reason: Added link to codeigniter sub-reddit. )

(06-28-2020, 09:35 PM)PwrSrg Wrote: Hello Lonnie!

I have been scouring the web all weekend for CI4 video tutorials, but have not had much luck.  Do you by any chance have plans for (or are currently working on) a COMPLETE CodeIgniter 4 class???  Everything I have heard and read so far sounds amazing, and it seems to have a ton of potential to become yet again one of the top contending PHP Frameworks.  But there is practically ZERO material available other than the documentation since it is still so new.

There's a few youtubers doing that already if you look around. I'm thinking about making a small course but haven't closed the contents yet. I was thinking just a small blog tutorial should suffice.

Edit: you can also find a lot of video content in the Codeigniter subreddit.

https://old.reddit.com/r/codeigniter/
Website: marcomonteiro.net  | Blog: blog.marcomonteiro.net | Twitter: @marcogmonteiro | TILThings: tilthings.com

(06-28-2020, 09:35 PM)PwrSrg Wrote: Hello Lonnie!

I have been scouring the web all weekend for CI4 video tutorials, but have not had much luck.  Do you by any chance have plans for (or are currently working on) a COMPLETE CodeIgniter 4 class???  Everything I have heard and read so far sounds amazing, and it seems to have a ton of potential to become yet again one of the top contending PHP Frameworks.  But there is practically ZERO material available other than the documentation since it is still so new.

Check out Alex Lancer on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIbtEs1...bgD_ake7HA

He's got a dozen or so videos on CI4. The one's I've seen are pretty good.
Simpler is always better

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB