Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Email notification not working anymore?

It looks like the email notification doesn't work anymore. I no longer receive email when somebody reply to a thread I'm subscribed to.
CodeIgniter 4 tutorials (EN/FR) - https://includebeer.com
/*** NO support in private message - Use the forum! ***/

Ya, they have been having a lot of problems with the forums lately, That was one of them.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(08-07-2019, 07:05 AM)includebeer Wrote: It looks like the email notification doesn't work anymore. I no longer receive email when somebody reply to a thread I'm subscribed to.

Yes, you are right I just checked my email last mail received on November 2018. Not easy to understand exactly when it stopped working.

Jim said he would get to it when he get's back from vacation.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

The problem arose when I switched hosting, and the forum ran under PHP7 for a bit. Bad plan - MyBB isn't so happy with it, and a number of things have been failing behind the scenes, without error logs ... "only" warnings, but with tables not properly updated or ever so slightly corrupted (eg thread subscriptions). I managed to plug some of the leaks, as it were, and am going through a painful table by table comparison, fixing things, so that we can run the latest version of MyBB, which claims PHP7 compatibility.

MyBB has a version upgrade/migration tool, which hasn't been helpful. Running for 3 or 20 hours reaches the same point, which is why I chose to stick with the earlier codebase, not realizing PHP7 had been enabled for the forum.

The code is a can of worms, to be polite (not our doing), and I look forward to one day having our own elegant & simple forum built with CI. In the meantime, I am chipping away at this as quickly and carefully as I can. This should be a onetime pain, as we have total control over the new server.

Apologies for the issues, and thank you for your patience!

ps - the server migration happened early July, so if email notifications were not working before that (eg Nov 2018), that suggests different issues Undecided

(08-10-2019, 09:02 AM)ciadmin Wrote: ps - the server migration happened early July, so if email notifications were not working before that (eg Nov 2018), that suggests different issues Undecided

I know I received some emails some months ago, I don’t remember exactly when, but definitely in 2019.

Anyway it’s not that important, it was just to let you know. Good luck with that can of worms! Confused
CodeIgniter 4 tutorials (EN/FR) - https://includebeer.com
/*** NO support in private message - Use the forum! ***/

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB